1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Htc desire cases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by colrey, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jazzdude

Jazzdude Newbie

Should have looked closer. Page 10 - Post # 474.

I tried posting a Permalink, however, it didn't seem to want to work for me. ;)

Advertisement

2. Poldie

Poldie Member

3. RobDickson

RobDickson Android Enthusiast

Mine fits inside it without a problem. The advantage of going into a shop to buy it was, of course, that I could check that the phone fitted before buying it.

4. Poldie

Poldie Member

I don't see the connection between the photo in your post and the cover linked to in comment #474 ...

I did notice what looked like a magnetic clip, though - for bonus random compass amusement, presumably.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert

Looks very sexy!

6. TheScream

TheScream Lurker

I believe a previous post stated that the Noreve only has some of the required cut-outs for the Desire. Has anyone actually got one and is able to share their thoughts and some pictures?

7. Yorik

Yorik Newbie

I have managed to secure 4 case from eBay, have three so far, once I get them all and try them all out I will provide feedback. I have already selected my facourite out of the three that I have based on fit and fucntionality.

8. Shofar

Shofar Android Enthusiast

Can anyone give a report on the ProPorta Aluminum insert leather case?
    Pictures?

Thanks,

Shofar

9. Jazzdude

Jazzdude Newbie

Re post # 474 - I didn't post a photo. I posted a link to a Novere case that I purchased.

The case I have has an actual stud clip; not magnetic.

Hope this clears things up. :)

10. EA666

EA666 Lurker

Attached Files:

ParaSitius likes this.
  11. Poldie

Poldie Member

12. weejohn

weejohn Newbie

Hello mate. I got this case and it's not bad but I'm not 100% happy with it. The grip is a bit loose and the open sides leave your phone available to get scratched with keys and stuff. Also the way the cover opens and folds over the top covers the camera and flash - not too handy. That said the aluminium inserts certainly protect from flex and there is plenty of padding so depending on how you use it this case might be a good investment.
    I've ordered another leather case from noreve.com and may switch to that. This one opens the cover folding it down the way instead so it doesn't cover the camera when open and it looks like it has a tighter fit than the proporta. Will let you know.

Shofar likes this.
  13. gazcarts

gazcarts Newbie

14. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

Bought the exact same cover and a screen protector from the same seller. The cover fits perfectly and (after a few goes, my first try at fitting one) so does the screen protector.

Very happy with both and all for only

15. steveroe

steveroe Newbie

Just received one of these from ebay, fits nice and snug and looks good - it's semi transparent so you can see the htc logo on the bag. Good tactile grip to it.

16. Shofar

Shofar Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the report. Let us know how the Noreve case compares.
    Shofar

17. junkiepilot

junkiepilot Well-Known Member

18. photek1000

photek1000 Newbie

I've just received and fitted a ToughGuard Shell from Mobile fun (Here) and I'm not entirely convinced with it's shell design.

Although I think it will protect the phone in a fall I think it will do so by splitting in two.

It is tough, but could have been better made for the price, may well check out the market at lunch for a Silicone\Gel case and see what they have.

That Seidio looks the dogs danglies, I hope they make one for the Desire.

19. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

Just received my gel cover this morning from an ebay seller. It's really high quality (just as good as a

rigsby likes this.
  20. antd

antd Lurker

21. b0ng0

b0ng0 Newbie

Recently received the HTC Desire "Official" screen protectors from Play.com.

Whistly they might be official, they are clearly not for the Desire as they have a hole for the mic cut out and also a weird square bit cut away at the top too.

However, they do cover the whole screen and was easy to apply so I can't fault them for actual protection. Just to let you know though, they are not tailor-made for the Desire.

22. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

It's a one piece gel type case made from a slightly stiff rubber/plastic with a differnt finish top and bottom. The top half is shiny while the bottom half has a Matt and textured finish.

23. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the hole is for the notification LED and the square is the proximity sensor.

Whether you need them cut out on a screen protector though is open to debate.

24. JasonC

JasonC Android Enthusiast

I also have the official HTC screen protector. The square is cut out for the proximity and light sensor and the hole is for the LED. I guess they could have covered these over without too many problems but they are probably covering their backs and making sure that the protector doesn't interfere with the sensors and LED at all, they don't want to cause more support calls after-all.

I'm finding the protector to be very good so far though, its pretty much the same surface feeling as a bare screen and does not affect the touch sensitivity at all.
    I managed to get the first protector on bubble free apart from the bit by the LED, although I managed to get some bits of dust under! it doesn't affect the use or the look when the screen is switched on though.

Tags: