• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Htc desire cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be going for either the Case-Mate Tough Case or the Otterbox Commuter. Verdict on these two? Would want to use a Martin Fields screen protector too - I assume that's possible?

One of the important things for me is camera coverage. Apparently the Desire rests on it's camera on the back, so I'm hoping for a raised area to keep it off the ground.

EDIT: Also, a semi-serious edit. Anyone know a pouch that would cover all that? Nothing fancy necessary, but not a sock.

Upvote 0
HI,
My son has an iphone which snaps together front to back and this has a built in screen protector. Can anyone recommend a case with a built in screen protector not one you stick on the screen mine always comes off with the heat.

Thanks
Mat:)

Hi there, in my opinion, built in screen protector is not suited fro touch screen phones. Especially with the HTC Desire. In regards to stick ons, this is what I use:

1) Martin Field: http://www.martinfields.co.uk/MFOP-HTCDesire

Or get the twin pack. Never comes off, easy to install and no air bubbles.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna be going for either the Case-Mate Tough Case or the Otterbox Commuter. Verdict on these two? Would want to use a Martin Fields screen protector too - I assume that's possible?

One of the important things for me is camera coverage. Apparently the Desire rests on it's camera on the back, so I'm hoping for a raised area to keep it off the ground.

EDIT: Also, a semi-serious edit. Anyone know a pouch that would cover all that? Nothing fancy necessary, but not a sock.

Just a quick note to say the Martin Fields screen protetor comes with the protector for camera (just a small circle). The camera lens behind the plastic window of the back case cover. The screen protector for the camera part is stuck on that window and unless you work in a construction yard, never stratches.

Personally, I think with cases, the phone gets really hot if completely enclosed...espeically when using the GPS chip. I have know it to cause crashes.

Upvote 0
hi got my case-mate Barely There Case few days ago, great product adds very little bulk to the phone and provides decent protection. pics below

CIMG5754.jpg
CIMG5772.jpg
CIMG5773.jpg
CIMG5776.jpg

Upvote 0
I've heard very good things about Zagg, as they are pretty much indestructible. Although I do wonder what effect they'd have on the sensitivity of the touchscreen, so it might be something to consider.

Martin Shields screen covers are pretty much the best available. They're incredible. Not quite as indestructible as Zagg, but pretty damn close. Combine that with an Otterbox Defender or another heavy duty case and you'll be as safe as you can be.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Abdur
Upvote 0
I have been using the leather effect pouch with the pull up cord ...... unfortunately it has marked the back of the phone with about an inch square scuff mark. A real shame as it is good protection and easy to use :(

I hastily placed an order for this case because it seemed like the solution I was looking for (protection from dirt and scratches in transit) but I'm glad I read this. I cancelled it just as hastily.

Suppose it'll pay to shop around a bit for a good case. I'm terrified of even scratching the little beauty

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I hastily placed an order for this case because it seemed like the solution I was looking for (protection from dirt and scratches in transit) but I'm glad I read this. I cancelled it just as hastily.

Suppose it'll pay to shop around a bit for a good case. I'm terrified of even scratching the little beauty

To be fair it was a generic ebay cheapie .... you get what you pay for etc.

I have now ordered the HTC official one from Amazon which I hope is made a bit better :)

Upvote 0
To be fair it was a generic ebay cheapie .... you get what you pay for etc.

I have now ordered the HTC official one from Amazon which I hope is made a bit better :)

Ah I see! I just assumed it was the official when you mentioned the pull tab.

Think I'm gonna go for a Case-Mate (either Tough or Barely There) with a Martin Fields screen protector though. I just want simple protection with no fuss and that seems to tick all the boxes.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Has anyone tried using a full body transparent skin/shield (IE, Zagg or bestskinsever) underneath a case-mate Torque or something similar? I'm particularly paranoid and have had some pretty awful luck with phones in the past. Hoping to avoid the same fate with my Desire.

I have use Zagg and have Martin Fields now. Zagg is what it says on the tin and it does protect well, anti-scratch and removeable without any damage to phone what so ever. However, if you are inexperience in putting on screen protectors, I advise Martin Fields. It is particularly more troublesome to install ZAGG and it can leave air bubbles if not installed correctly. Need to also have a relatively dusk free surface to install upon. Further, if you are using a case for drop protection, there is no need to use the back protector from zagg. The desire is a plastic back, unlike iphone 4 glass back or iphone 3/ipod shiny back., it should not need protection.

Furthermore, the Zagg does not completely fit the screen so it does leave an annoying gap that needs to be wiped with cloth for figners print and dusts accumulation.

Martin fields on the other hand is extremely easy to install (only need two piece of stationery tape) and automatically stick/hugs on to the screen leaving no air bubble. Although thre is no back cover, it smartly comes with an extra piece of lens cover for the camera.

Advise to only buy from Martin Fields website: www.martinfields.co.uk - HTC

Some sites will try to flog HTC widefire/HD2/Legend/hero MF protector as for the desire. MF have exat fit to the screen for its protectors.

Upvote 0
So my opinion of the Case Mate Tough

I've owned it for a couple of weeks now. I'm impressed with the quality of it. The fit of the hard back fits really well within the indent of the rubber part. The rubber used is very tactile; soft and buttons are easily usable. The size of it is roughly the same size as a friends rubber case (one of those that covers the front buttons bought off ebay). I also find that the phone is better to hold.

Slight cons: the rubber does attract fluff from my pocket. I took the case off the other day and noticed how thin the phone is! So it does add a bit of bulk. I also find that the volume rocker switch is slightly difficult to use (volume up); I think it's because of the placement of the slot on the hard back is in the wrong positition.

All in all, I think the 15 quid is worth it.

Reactions: ProdigalGil
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones