• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Desire CDMA w/hboot 1.06 - Able to root yet?

sueasidle

Jul 21, 2010
This is a USCC CDMA HTC Desire with hboot 1.06. I researched earlier in the year and found this phone could not be rooted with any of the (then) current methods. I've started re-researching to see if there have been any updates to that status, and my head is spinning from all this stuff.

Can anyone tell me definitively if this phone can be rooted yet? If so, will you please point me in the right direction? All I want is to be able to get RID of all the crap that came on this phone that cannot be uninstalled, because I NEED the SPACE!

Many thanks!

Yes with either alpharev X or revolutionary (alpharev+unrevoked). Both are in beta stages. I'm not sure if revolutionary supersedes alpharev x though. MandaNick wrote a guide to root using alpharevX somewhere in this forum.

Or theres a link to revolutionary in my rooting guide, just further down this page / in my signature / in the "all about rooting" sticky thread

The stuff you cant uninstall, is because its within the rom. uninstalling it in itself will NOT generate you more space.

Reactions: sueasidle
Upvote 0
I have not personally use it, but I believe you still need a beta key. It is still a developer preview. They use the beta key so that they can turn off access to it should a major issue appear.

Yeah, you still need the beta key. My question is more, do just get s-off, and then need to install a custom recovery and such. Or do you just put in the beta key, and off it goes and does the rest for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones