1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire contract ends 21st Oct, what phone next?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by james_uk, Oct 5, 2011.

1. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast

My contract with orange ends 21st Oct, i am assuming that with the release of the iphone 5 soon that other new android phones will be coming out, but what is the best and are there any really good ones due out soon?

I really like the looks is the galaxy s2 but dont want to get a phone thats already old even though its very nice, the new experia's interest be but i dont like that they are only single core phones, im sure thios would have been a great phone if it was dual core, i dont understand why they didnt make it dual, the same as all other phone makers are currently doing.

I have seen a new one by motorola advertised but dont know that much about that phone.

I want to stay away from iphone as i dont want to pay about

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. james_uk

3. afrost55

afrost55 Newbie

Droid bionic seems to be a top pick among people. Who is your carrier?

4. james_uk

thanks for the reply, im with orange :)

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

SGS2 just got released May, so its not exactly old, and will be Samsung's flagship until SGS3 released next year, and so far, it still has the fastest chipset. Even HTC's new Sensation XE with a bumped processor just gets to rival it SGS2 in terms of overall usage speed, but the SGS2 still has the better camera and GPU.

6. james_uk

how aboutthe new htc amaze (ruby) thats due out, will that be a good match to the sgs2 and droid bionic?

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Ruby is touted as a ladies' phone if I remember correctly, more of a fashion accessory type with corresponding apps instead of a powerhouse like Sensation XE and SGS2.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I expect the new Samsung Prime to hit Europe very soon.

Any dual core will be a big step up - fwiw, I enjoy my Evo 3D. ;)

9. james_uk

haha i dont know why i didnt realise the ruby was going to be a girls phone, although when i seen the specs i thought ohh nice lol

well i think i am looking at the sgs2, the samsung prime, motorola droid bionic and i like the looks of the sony ericcson xperia arc but im really put off by the single core (i think this could have been a great phone if it was dual)

is a new version of the sgs2 coming out soon with slightly higher spec, im a little put off by the fact its already been out a while and will soon not be the one to have.

10. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Android Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy S 2 is pretty good.. Or you can wait for S3 or Samsung Prime. :D

11. james_uk

is the samsung prime out in uk the end of this month?

12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

No its not really. Its expected by December worldwide. As for the phones, personally I would take a good look at onboard memory. Most phones give only about 500mb or 1gb onboard ROM, (actually you get a bit less), leading to a bit of problems when you put in too many apps. Depends maybe on your actual usage but whats nice about Samsungs is that they get around 2gb of app storage or even more, along with the internal SD card. Most higher end Samsung users dont have much trouble regarding app storage.

13. james_uk

is the sgs2 going to still be better than the prime then?

14. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

We dont have enough knowledge of Prime specifications to say that. Everything is just rumors. The prime will have a better CPU though.