• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC desire crashes and restarts randomly

Same here
Also my Desire reboot continuosly. I tried all official HTC android versions (1.15.XXX, 1.21.XXX,....) nothing. The issue, for me, is a hardware fault

Now i must send my device for the second time to HTC assistance. On the first time, when it come back, HTC told me "No Issue on your Device, it works perfectly". Well (!!!) after three (3) minutes again more reboots.
uhmm very very good assistance

Best Regards

Upvote 0
Same thing here. Just got my phone back from HTC who upgraded the firmware and tested the phone with no issue ( for how long? I wonder...)
I just used it for 3 min (with google Latitude on wifi, no sim / no sd card) and it would not stop restarting from there! Had to remove the battery to switch it off.
Guess I ll have to get back to the store again tomorrow...

Upvote 0
Hi,I got my Desire yesterday from t-mobile, from out of the box, i have had the shut downs and reboots,it wont boot up most of the time,i get as far as the htc then it shuts down.On the odd time normally 5 goes or so i have managed to get to the home screen but then it shuts off,So for anyone thinking its the apps they have installed then its not them, as i have yet to get it to stay on for 30 secs to even use it.I have phoned t-mobile and they are doing a replacement on tuesday by courier.I spoke to tech and they said they have had no problems with the desire,I think it could be HTC problems with these phones in such demand they not testing them like they would do.Fingers crossed i get a good 1 this time :)

Upvote 0
I've had the same problems as you guys random and annoying reboots with no clear pattern causing it. Quite embarrassing when you're trying to show off your fancy new smart phone !

This only started happening after I installed the European Froyo 2.2 update, so I'm certain it's something to do with that (as per the gentleman's comment above). My guess is that it's something to do with the Froyo feature of being able to install apps to the SD card?

I suppose I'll just put up with it and see if HTC issue an over the air bug fix.

If not then I'm going to burn it and put the video on YouTube : /

Upvote 0
I've had the same problems as you guys random and annoying reboots with no clear pattern causing it. Quite embarrassing when you're trying to show off your fancy new smart phone !

This only started happening after I installed the European Froyo 2.2 update, so I'm certain it's something to do with that (as per the gentleman's comment above). My guess is that it's something to do with the Froyo feature of being able to install apps to the SD card?

I suppose I'll just put up with it and see if HTC issue an over the air bug fix.

If not then I'm going to burn it and put the video on YouTube : /

Same here, my Desire was rock solid until the Froyo update, now it has been rebooting and crashing all the time, there is clearly a software problem

Andrew:mad:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info chrispie33. I am also experiencing problems with my HTC Desire crashing and placed my desire in hot and cold places whilst attempting to run YouTube. It too crashes when it is hot but is stable when it is cold. I am running android 2.1 so it isnt a problem with the software but is definitely a hardware fault. I am therefore sending my unit back.

Upvote 0
This is the response i got from HTC:

Thank you for your query, This happens only when the HTC Desire becomes too warm and the processor can not deal with the heat and will restart itself in attemtp to cool down, this will keep going untill it has cooled down.

Er... OK.

Quote them back the sale of goods act, and tell them there

Reactions: white413
Upvote 0
My phone started the switch off/on malarky whilst in eclair, contacted HTC who advised a factory reset, did that, no difference, updated to froyo, still have same problem, switches off, restarts, switches off ad infinitum, removing the battery sometimes allows me to get it going again, but then if i'm browsing the web, watching a video or even just sending a text, off it goes again, Htc advised i return it, before i feck the thing into the wall. going back to a G1,

Upvote 0
Absolutely amg_1969, I'm sending my phone back tomorrow via carphone warehouse. In fact the guy at T-mobile was quite concerned about the heating problem and advised me to send it back sooner rather than later as he was afraid the unit might catch fire.

I bought mine via CPW, they advised me to send it straight to HTC as that was all they would do, be patient though, I think I have an awful lot of Desires to repair at the moment. :mad:

Andrew

Upvote 0
UPDATE! I have just called HTC. This is a software issue with the recent update. They are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Its pointless returning the phone as there is nothing wrong with it. The replacement will be the same.

Hope this helps. Just a case of living with it for a few days.
Hi, Any updates?? I am having the same issue and its so damn annoying :mad:
When is the fix coming?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones