1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire eye crushed after attempting to do recovery log

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hilary Kilonzi, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hilary Kilonzi

I turned my HTC desire eye to reset mode. I accidentally pressed "recovery log" instead of "reset".

It shut down and doesn't show charging light and it isn't powering on. Please help.

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

there is no reset mode. there is only the bootloader and recovery.

"recovery log" ? not sure where you would find that option along with reset? nothing i have seen for your phone has that option.

https://hardreset24.com/instruction/how-to-put-your-htc-desire-eye-into-recovery-mode

to get to recovery you need to get to the bootloader menu. from there you can select recovery. in recovery you get another list of options.

so you cannot get into the bootloader? i know it will not turn on, but you should be able to get to the bootloader.

one last question: were you trying to factory reset the device?

Dannydet and MrJavi like this.
  3. Hilary Kilonzi

k

Attached Files:

4. Hilary Kilonzi

Sorry, it after loading the bootloader that I selected the option for " Recovery" instead of "Factory reset"

Attached Files:

5. ocnbrze

ok but you did not answer my other questions. can you boot into the bootloader? and selecting recovery will not hurt the phone. it will just bring you to more options in recovery. you might have to flash a firmware update, if you can't get back to the bootloader.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

HTC recovery modes can be confusing though, because you have to press some buttons to get the recovery menu. If you don't know this they can look like you are stuck on an image (usually black screen with a red triangle).

Have you tried pressing and holding the power button for 10-20 seconds to force a restart?

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Hilary Kilonzi

8. Hilary Kilonzi

Its not powering up.. that's the problem

9. ocnbrze

have tried just leaving the phone hooked up to the charger for a longer period of time? did you have plenty of power when you first tried to hard reset?

10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If it won't power up there is nothing you can do apart from get it repaired.

But nothing you can do in recovery mode can cause that. So if that's the problem I'm afraid it is a coincidence that it happened when it did. Why were you trying to reset it anyway? Just asking in case that is relevant to the problem.

HTC Desire EYE Forum

The HTC Desire EYE release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2400mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews