• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire - Folder Organiser App

Nickc001

May 10, 2010
Hi,

i have the paid version of this, because i wanted to have folders for games media etc with a decent icon. I cant for the life of me work out how to use it.

For example i want a games folder, with the games in on a home screen - should be simple - but isnt unless im being special

help please

I have the same application, this is what I did

1. Under the Applications List, long select the game application from the list of Games you want, then from the Choose Labels pop up menu give it a label of Games. You know you've done it correctly because is will say Games below the application name

2. Add a Folder Organiser label widget on your Home Screen, you will get a choice of Applications, Bookmarks, Contacts, Android, Games and Internet.

3. Select Games and all the ones with that label will appear for you.

Simple!!

Reactions: Nickc001
Upvote 0
In Folder Organizer, create a new label. Long press on it and pick an icon. If you want a bunch more icons to pick from, try iBox from the market.

Next, long press on it again and select "Chose Items". Select the apps you want to show in this label. If you want you can add a bookmark or other item type too.

Finally, back on your home screen, long press and select either shortcut or widget, not sure what difference it makes here. Select "FolderOrganizer label", pick the one you just made. You would select "FolderOrganizer item" if you wanted to add a static, single app created with FolderOrganizer, rather than a popup menu - for example if you just want to change the icon an app uses.

Reactions: Nickc001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones