• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Desire HBOOT problem

gokulkumar

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
Hello,

My HTC Desire got wet in the rain and wouldn't comeup but for the white screen with 4 options. The volume up/down did not work.

As suggested in other forums, I created gold card and copied the 2.3 ROM image, renamed to PB99IMG.zip and started the phone with power + volume down.

Now, the image file is read.. but it also says Pb99DIAG.zip, nbh file not found or wrong image. Is there a problem with that ?

After it reads the PB99IMG.zip file, it takes a while to load and finally I see the following 9 options..

Parsing.. [SD.ZIP]
1. RADIO_V2
2. SPLASH1
3. RECOVERY
4. SPLASH2
5. RADIO_CUST
6. BOOTLOADER
7. USERDATA
8. SYSTEM
9. BOOT

Thats it !! I don't see anything else. In other forums it was mentioned that I must be able to see "Do you want to reboot now ?", but I dont see any of it nor the volume buttoms work.

The other things I see on my page are as follows..

BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27

If you encountered any similar problems, please help.

Rgds,
Gokul

Hi Gokul, and welcome to AF,

Don't worry about the PB99DIAG - that's just confirming that it didn't find one (and that's what we expect).

If the incident was recent my advice is to remove the battery, dry the phone as thoroughly as you can (couple of days in a bag of uncooked rice) and hope. This isn't a software problem, so the RUU isn't going to fix it (Bob has other reasons for trying, don't know whether they apply to you too).

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones