1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire HD - Can't gain root access

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PeterCDroid, Jul 3, 2013.

1. PeterCDroid

PeterCDroid Lurker

Hello all, I have been trying for hours to root my HTC Desire HD without any success. I have followed some of the guides on here but I always get stuck when executing the "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" command. I simply get no response from that command and have waited up to 20mins.

Has anybody successfully gained root access on an HTC Desire HD? This phone is Vodafone branded.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PeterCDroid

PeterCDroid Lurker

I got one step further with this - turns out I needed to update my USB drivers for fastboot. Now I am getting a "command not found" response when running the "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" command. I followed the official HTC unlock bootloader instructions and made sure the correct ROM is installed. Does anybody have any other ideas? Thanks

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Are you in fastboot or hboot when entering the command? When you look at your phone, does it say Fastboot USB about a 3rd of the way down the screen?

scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

also make sure you have a compatible hboot. you should have big,pink locked up top.

go thru this checklist,as some of these things can interfere with commands sent to the phone:

El Presidente likes this.
  5. PeterCDroid

PeterCDroid Lurker

Thanks for the replies. I have given up on this and have a new (unlocked) phone ordered. My Desire HD was getting a bit old and battered anyway.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews