• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire HD dropped in toilet and camera blurred

rwgladwin

Lurker
Apr 8, 2011
Hello

I have unfortunately dropped my Desire HD in the loo (it was there for about 5 seconds) in its HTC case this evening. The phone works fine apart from the camera which was working fine initially but now is clouded as if the lens is clouded with moisture.

I have the phone in a bowl of uncooked rice to help dry it out - will the phone camera be okay when it dries out, or do I need to do something to get rid of the moisture on the lens?

By the way, the water damage indicators are both still white, it spent that little time in the water...any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

You need to turn it off and place it in the air flow of a hair dryer on "warm" for a couple of hours (at least a foot away so it doesn't over heat) with things like battery cover etc off... after that test for drips by leaning on some kitchen roll/toilet paper.

Do NOT turn your phone on at all during this process as this could risk shorting out any contact points that are wet. Once you have no more visible water spots then put it in the airing cupboard for at least 48 hours (minimum) to dry out more. Do not be tempted to "test" it by turning it on during these 48 hours

This is one of the tried and tested ways to save a wet phone; my sister followed these instructions after her phone (Galaxy S) got knocked into washing up bowl. It came out perfectly after a week in the airing cupboard (previously screen was cloudy and camera would not work).

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones