• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire HD GPS no turn by turn...

BubbaSlye

Lurker
Mar 24, 2011
Recently my Google navigation has been on the fritz. I don't recall if it was after an update or maybe an app I installed in causing the problem.

I enter an address and it goes through the usual step of "finding satellite," it either confirms the route and gives the text directions or sticks at this point "trying to find GPS/satellite. All the while it is "looking for satellite" it still has the text directions.

There is also the option(default) to have the visual turn by turn follow the arrow on the map route with voice prompts for directions which will not work for me anymore. It still shows the highlighted route that we are all accustomed to seing but will not go past that.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or know of a fix action? My next step would be a phone restore.

Welcome to the forums, BubbaSlye.

Before you do a factory data reset, try going into the application manager and clear cache and data on GPS related apps, such as nav, etc.

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter "all." Wait for the list to load, then (as patiently as you can ;)) scroll down and select each GPS related app, including Maps, Nav, etc, individually and click the "clear data" and "clear cache" buttons.

Then reboot your device. That could very well remedy the issue.

Upvote 0
I also highly suggest downloading GPS Status and using it to clear your aGPS data. This always resolves problems with getting a GPS fix on my Droid. If your device isn't getting a GPS fix it's probably the GPS receiver, not your GPS app (they're 2 separate things).

I just recently went ahead and disabled aGPS in my ROM's settings to see if I can avoid this issue altogether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones