1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire HD Headsett problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stiian124, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Stiian124

Stiian124 Lurker

Hi!
    I have a HTC Desire HD and i have som issues with the headsett. When i plug it in it say's that it's a headsett with a micorphone, and not just a headsett. Then it starts calling, chaning songs and hanging up on the person the phone have called.
    I got an answer that it could be dust in the AUX, and i blowed inside it and it worked smooth for a week. Now it's back and even worse than it ever was. What could it be?

Thx :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome to Android Forums, Stiian.

First of all, using compressed air into any port on a device is not advisable, as it can drive the dust deep into the mechanism and cause more problems.

Cleaning should be done with a cotton swap dipped in alcohol, or with a small alcohol pad, as alcohol evaporates quickly and leaves the area clean.

There seems to be an incompatibility between your device and the headset. I'd be inclined to replace it.

3. Stiian124

Stiian124 Lurker

Replace the headsett? It's the same whatever headsett i use..
    I used my mouth, not an aircompressor :)

4. Stiian124

Stiian124 Lurker

I realy need some help here, guys!! :D

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

You can run into similar issues if you use non HTC Chargers. If you try an alternative charger, it normally sorts.

I'd say the same thing would technically apply here, but if you've used a number of headsets and they all have the same issue, it's probably an issue with the port/other hardware on the phone itself and would need looked at by HTC unfortunately.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews