1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire HD... my first phone in three years!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wetissues, May 17, 2011.

1. wetissues

wetissues Lurker

I currently own a sony ericsson w850i, which is an awesome phone for music, but it is a rubbish phone in this world. Now, to the point, how long does it take to get used to it? Also, i have looked at rooting phones. Personally, I would avoid rooting, but I will try to upgrade to yummy gingerbread! I might be taking ALOT of video and pictures,so how do you save this wonderful media to your SD card? One more thing, how do you save apps to your SD card.

I bow down to thee humble characters who have read my rambling script :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Welcome! I'll move this to the right place 4 u!

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Videos and pictures will be saved to your sdcard by default, not the internal memory. And apps can be moved to the sdcard by going to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications, clicking on an app and then hititng 'Move to SDcard'.

To be honest though, there's space aplenty for apps so I wouldn't bother with moving them for now - wait until you really need to and save that space for more pictures. I have far more apps than I need and I don't think I've filled 2/3 of the internal memory yet.

As for gingerbread, that may or may nor be available depending on where you purchased the phone. If you can tell us the build number from Settings >> About Phone >> Software Information, then we can tell you whether it's available or not.

As for how long it takes to get used to... that depends on you :)

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews