1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC desire hd picture

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HTC desired, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Vonph

Vonph Guest
    None
    Agreed and agreed.

Advertisement

2. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Good one.

Not frustrated at all. You're missing the point I'm making. But that's quite alright.

3. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Agreed, dimensions look wrong, looks more like that windows HTC phone...the HD2 or whatever. Much prefer current desire :)

4. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Android Enthusiast
    None

May 25, 2010
    standup comedian
    NL
    but what was your point? that all HTC phones in development MUST have a new name? why?

HTC hit a sweet spot with the Desire. it's a phone that people are talking about and it's comparable to the iPhone and the Galaxy S so HTC can build on it's success. there's nothing wrong with trading on a name and building a product range.

i mean, the latest iphone looks totally different to the first one and no-one says that apple should give it a new name.

5. partridge

partridge Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    I don't think it looks as good as the Desire and I thought this was being released as the HTC Ace? An Evo4G for Europe?

We'll see when it arrives, but I think calling it Desire HD will confuse customers so I hope it is relased as the Ace to differentiate it. The buttons looks like touch sensitive ones rather than physical and I don't think I'd like that.

I also think the screen size is pushing the pocket a little too far, I'm sure it will be a cracking phone though, but my Desire is so full of awesomeness I don't feel any envy.

In the last week alone two friends have signed up for a Desire having seen mine :)

Comparisons to iPhone? How offensive ;) The Desire more than holds its own against the fruit of Jobs

6. andyf941

andyf941 Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Lovely looking thing isn't it? I can renew my contract in about 3 weeks and had every intention of getting my 'dream' phone - the Desire. I'm still going to, but it'll be the (IMO) 'facelifted' version, the Desire HD.

As many have pointed out, the rumoured spec doesn't show much of an improvement other than the camera (for those bothered about mega-pixels) and the screen size, so for me the HD (or Ace) version is just a facelift - perhaps in response to the IP4 and SGS??

Whatever it is, if it turns out like the Desire with a bigger screen it'll get my pennies.

7. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2009
    That's YOUR opinion...personally I think its an improvement asthetically speaking. I'm not saying its better cos it looks like the iPhone, I just said I liked it and also it looks more like the iPhone. I do think the browny black plasticness on the desire let's its down and stops it looking ultra modern, but i bought the desire for function rather than looks.

8. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Android Expert
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    It isn't really designed to look ultra modern. It's designed more on the subtle side if you examine it, which suits me just fine. It's gently curved, has the HTC chin but it's very unobtrusive and small, has muted colours instead of pure black and silver...I find it much more likely they were aiming for a subtle, executive look. Things don't have to look ultra modern to look good. And that's coming from a big fan of modern design.

9. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    It looks like im the only one here, but i absolutely LOVE the looks of the back. Its so stylish.

10. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2009
    Each to their own and all that...but if you showed the whole population the HTC Desire and the iPhone side by side and asked them which one looked better and more expensive, id bet around 90% of people would pick the iPhone.

Personally im willing to compromise looks for function..and hence why i chose the Desire over the iPhone.....it wa a close call though - i think it was only Apples GREED in making the iPhone 50% more expensive than the Desire that swayed me this way

11. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Android Expert
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    If you showed people a celebrity and a flushing lavatory and asked which they preferred, 90% of them would chose the celebrity, despite the fact without the lavatory we'd still be excreting in holes in the ground. Public consensus means nothing. :p :D

12. matttye

matttye Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    I'd rather have a cheap looking phone, less likely to get mugged :D

The iPhone is a gorgeous looking phone admittedly.. hard to improve on really.

13. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    More screen to get scratched and obsess over ,i will stick with what i`ve got

14. HTC desired

HTC desired Member
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    Same as above I can imagine it will be like my old ps3 which was always collecting dustand this looks like the same finish

15. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Northampton
    stupid question, Desire HD. No seriously cant say for sure untill i get my grubby mits on it. Should be better thou, should !!!!

16. partridge

partridge Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    The Galaxy S has no flash for the camera (if I remember rightly) and the HD has all sorts of HTC Sense goodies available