• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire HD scores higher than Galaxy S in GPU!!

SupremeBeaver

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
HTC Desire HD - Page 7 - xda-developers

Someone who got a hold of the Desire HD claims that Neocore scores 56 fps. The Galaxy S scores 55 in that test. Pretty much even.

This proves that the Galaxy S really does 45M triangles/sec rather than 90M that was wrongly reported a while back.

Linkpack gets 35.8 which just shades the old desire.

edit: pic for proof :)

attachment.php

There is a software limitation in the GS that restricts its performance to that number, currently everyone is awaiting someone like the Cyanogenmod team to remove the limitation (similar to what happened with the limitation initially imposed on the Incredible I think it was). Anyways, this certainly makes me happy, I can cross off worries about 3D gaming from my 'possible reasons to stay with the GS' list :)

Upvote 0
It is believed that the Epic 4g has a fps cap at 55fps. In all my benchmarks, I am inclined to believe it. Both in 2d and 3d benchmarks it looks like it tries to go higher than 55 cause it will quickly jump to 60 for split second bursts but gravitate right back to 55, kind of like how wimax is capped at 1mbps upload (it will jump to way above 1mbps and gravitate back to about 1.10mbps. Every neocore benchmark I've ran scored 55.7fps

Upvote 0
It is believed that the Epic 4g has a fps cap at 55fps. In all my benchmarks, I am inclined to believe it. Both in 2d and 3d benchmarks it looks like it tries to go higher than 55 cause it will quickly jump to 60 for split second bursts but gravitate right back to 55, kind of like how wimax is capped at 1mbps upload (it will jump to way above 1mbps and gravitate back to about 1.10mbps. Every neocore benchmark I've ran scored 55.7fps

hmm i see. It makes sense though to cap it because the display can't refresh faster than 60 fps anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones