1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc desire hd - stuck on boot screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ben1991, Nov 18, 2012.

1. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

what youre experienceing is normal. adb is only useable in a booted OS,ie in the phones rom or a custom recovery. when in fastboot,adb commands do not work,you can only use "fastboot commands". thats why i said this above:
    in other words,youll skip any commands that are adb xxxx and just run the commands that are fastboot xxxx after manually putting the phone into fastboot.

the parts where the phone wants to reboot,let it try and then pull the battery after a few seconds.

all were trying to accomplish here is to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery,both of wich are accomplished with fastboot commands,and can be done without a booting phone.

once youve goten this done,let us know if youve questions on how to use the recovery menu to flash the zipfile in step 2.

hang in there,its a lot of stuff to take in if youve never really messed with a phone on this level before :)

D-U-R-X, xtraordinary and scary alien like this.
  2. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

Thanks Scotty, you must have infinite patience! :)

So, I'm currently getting stuck on this:

scary alien likes this.
  3. scotty85

It sounds like you are not on a supported hboot. Do you have a big, pink locked at the top of your hboot screen? If not, you will need to update it. You should be able to download a compatible hboot from the htc Dev website.

When going through the unlock bootloader process, updating the bootloader should have been a screen along the way. I know folks have had trouble with this in the past, so if you cannot figure it out, I will see what I can do when I get home.

scary alien and xtraordinary like this.
  4. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

No, I don't have the pink text.

I couldn't find the hboot update on the htc Dev website, so I searched for the error and found this guy who had the same problem and he updated the HBOOT from 2.00.0027 to 2.00.0029. He has attached the files to his post - do you think it's safe to use them?
    Root, Radio S-OFF, SuperCID, SIMUnlock for DHD - Post #10 - XDA Forums

5. scotty85

Sure, you can give it a try. The S on phone will not let you flash anything unsafe. The problem that you are likely to run into, is that the file he has attached will probably not be compatible with your CID and/or MID.

If it does work, then you can proceed :)

scary alien and xtraordinary like this.
  6. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

It worked! I had to do a few extra steps other than he described, but now I have the identifier token.

In case anyone else needs them, here is what I did after copying his rom.zip to my C:\ drive.

Now on to the next step.

scary alien, D-U-R-X and scotty85 like this.
  7. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

I'm very pleased to have my phone running again, so can I just say at this point, a big THANK YOU Scotty!!

Ok, I'm a bit confused now. The phone is actually up and running again, reset to the way it was when I first bought it. The only strange thing is that there is no keyboard for some reason, so I can't enter the Wifi password or type anything.

Should I still continue with the steps you've outlined?

scotty85, scary alien and D-U-R-X like this.
  8. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

Hi Scotty

there's something very wrong. I've still got no keyboard and it's constantly crashing with the message "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly". At the moment, the phone is unusable.

What do you recommend I do?

9. scotty85

I would continue on. An ruu may fix you up :)

D-U-R-X and xtraordinary like this.
  10. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

Thanks, but it's just gotten way worse. I'm getting the 7 quick vibrations and it won't turn on. Am I screwed? Dammit, just when I thought I was getting somewhere!

11. scotty85

oooooh... unfortunately,those are the "7 vibes of death" and indicate some hardware failure. you have done all you can do :(

for whatever its worth,it was a great effort,you were moving right along :cool:

D-U-R-X, xtraordinary and scary alien like this.
  12. xtraordinary

xtraordinary Newbie

Oh that's a shame. You're right though, I've learned a lot!
    Thanks again for all the help - you're a real hero on these forums.
    Where can I make a donation?

D-U-R-X and scary alien like this.
  13. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

QFT :D

scary alien likes this.
  14. caitlyn hales

caitlyn hales Lurker

I tried the recovery thing but it just gave me a white screen with htc in green writing then went back too the same thing..

15. JHASHU

JHASHU Lurker

His all.... I do the same process what ur said but I didn't get the menu... it still red triangle and its self restating

16. pgm123

pgm123 Lurker

I have the same problem. I'm not sure what to do.

My phone ran out of battery before this started, if that's a related issue. But it's been plugged in and charging for quite a while.

17. pgm123

pgm123 Lurker

Quick update. I did a reset with my SD Card removed and it seemed to work. Every time I put my SD card in, my phone stops working.

18. Zahed Kamal

Zahed Kamal Lurker

Hi, Yesterday i downloaded the update on my HTC Desire 816 Duel. Then i selected the option to Install It. Then later i saw my phone is stuck on Home Screen (where it says HTC. And at bottom Powered by Android).

I tried 'factory reset' and few other things from Boot menu. But after i restart the phone, it still stuck on home screen.

Please help.

Thanks

19. Zahed Kamal

Zahed Kamal Lurker

Hi Scotty, i followed the above instruction and got these info, please help me. ---

INFOversion: 0.5
    INFOversion-bootloader: 3.19.0.000
    INFOversion-baseband: 1.13.3230.27
    INFOversion-cpld: None
    INFOversion-microp: None
    INFOversion-main: 3.12.708.1
    INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    INFOserialno: FA48NWW00131
    INFOimei: 352706063111096
    INFOimei2: 352706063111104
    INFOmeid: 00000000000000
    INFOproduct: a5_dug
    INFOplatform: hTCBmsm8226
    INFOmodelid: 0P9C70000
    INFOcidnum: HTC__059
    INFObattery-status: good
    INFObattery-voltage: 0mV
    INFOpartition-layout: Generic
    INFOsecurity: on
    INFObuild-mode: SHIP
    INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
    INFOcommitno-bootloader: 622b1fa2
    INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
    INFOgencheckpt: 0
    all: Done!
    finished. total time: 0.413s

20. pradeephd3

pradeephd3 Lurker

my htc hang on logo i am trying all wipe option in recovery but my problum not solve
    VERSION: 0.5
    VERSION-BOOTLOADER: 0.85.0024
    VERSION-BASEBAND: 26.10.04.03_M
    VERSION-MAIN: 2.52.0.0
    SERIALNO: HT13BT207987
    PRODUCT: ACE
    PLATFORM: HBOOT-7230
    MID: PD9812000
    SECURITY: ON
    CID: CWS__001

Device Country: ATT CWS__001

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews