1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire HD - VAT refund

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ^_^, Nov 5, 2010.

1. ^_^

^_^ Lurker

Does anyone know any shops that support VAT refund for visitors outside of the UK ?

Does Clove support this ?

Thanks !!:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ^_^

^_^ Lurker

3. karnka

karnka Android Expert

It's not that common to be honest.

I couldn't tell you one that does off the top of my head. I would suggest you'll have to ask directly.

4. CheesyPeteza

CheesyPeteza Member

Excluded are "goods purchased by mail order including those purchased over the Internet (see paragraph 2.8)."

HM Revenue & Customs

I think I remember reading somewhere that Carphone Warehouse will do it, but you'd have to call to check.

5. ^_^

^_^ Lurker

I didnt mean it for mail order. I might have a friend that will visit the UK, so I'm looking for stores he could buy there with the VAT (Not sure where exactly he'll be in the UK...)

I just mailed Carphone Warehouse, waiting for an answer...

6. eozen81

eozen81 Member

Hey guys,

Any update about Carphone Warehouse If they confirm VAT Refund for visitors or not?

7. dan_hin

dan_hin Member

No way will your mate get their VAT refunded. Why did you think that would be the case?

8. eozen81

eozen81 Member

Why do you think so?

If you are a visitor who visits England and back to your country which should be a non EU country like my friend, you can but of couse the shops should be willing to do that.

You can read legal explanations below.

VAT refunds for travellers departing from the European Community (EC)

9. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

10. eozen81

eozen81 Member

Thanks but Mobile phone import (or orders) are subject to import taxes and fees in Turkey, otherwise I would have ordered much more earlier.

11. Alawadhi

Alawadhi Lurker

Whatever you do, don't use gum mobile. They are crooks.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews