1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HTC Desire help please with roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Buzz2043, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Buzz2043

Buzz2043 Member
    None

Jul 25, 2012
    I am not sure if this is the correct place to request some help or not.
    Here goes I am confused about roms all the time, I have this HTC Desire which was suposed to be a good phone and better than my zte merit, well it turns out that some of the apps from google play are not compatible with my device.
    Is this due to the rom I am using can I simply change to a newer rom to fix this issue?
    or is my merit the best way to go?
    BTW
    the HTC is rooted using the oneclickroot
    the merit is not rooted
    The reason I wanted to go to the desire is due to apps constantly needing updated and I always have issues with lack of space on my phone which causes problems with installing the app updates

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I moved this to the Desire forum as rooting techniques and roms are device specific. Following advice or steps for another phone could cause real issues.

As far as apps not compatible, can you offer some examples? Also, what custom rom are you running?

3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Assuming this is the original (2010 model) Desire, some apps will be incompatible due to the Android version, some due to processor or other factors. So a change of ROM will help with some, not others.

We don't generally recommend Oneclickroot for the Desire (there are other tools specifically for this phone), and I'm actually mildly surprised it worked, as the Desire is a very old device. That's really why I'm asking which "Desire" you have (the original Desire, or Desire S, Desire Z, Desire HD, Desire C, Desire 300, 500, 800, etc - there are a huge number of them now, all different!). If it's the original one then you'll find some useful information about it in the Desire All Things Root Guide sticky thread in this forum, including how to S-Off using Revolutionary (which if you've not changed the software already should work still). For ROMs for this device look here.

If you have one of the other Desires, let us know which and we'll move this to the appropriate location.

Unforgiven likes this.
Tags: