1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire Is stuck in rebooting sequence...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Andruhevich, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Andruhevich

Andruhevich Lurker

HTC Desire
    Android 2.2
    Australia
    I got ClockworkMod Recovery by Unrevoked Root (using SUROOT guide).
    Then I used his guide to removing bloatware

I tried once to remove Teeter.apk and it worked fine

I then went in and removed a hole batch: Facebook, Flickr, Friendstreem, etc.

I only removed useless crap and didn't touch anything for system. Then it never booted again.
    It does a vibrator buzz, shoes white screen with green HTC for some time, then goes black and loop starts again.

I can brake the loop by battery poll and get to Hboot by volumedown.
    Please help!

PS: Merry X-mass

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Quick fix would be restore from Nandroid or Reflash the rom.

As for a technical explanation, i couldn't tell you, sorry.

Edit:Just just looked and noticed this isn't in the All things Root thread, are you rooted?

Edit 2: yes you are rooted.
    Could do with being moved to the right Sub Forum. Might Get more help there.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I think the important question is whether you took a nandroid before you started removing stuff? If so you just restore.

Useless junk may still have dependencies, e.g. removing flickr I seem to recall causes problems with the HTC contacts application. But this sounds a bit severe, unless you removed something more important.

You won't gain space by removing such apps, so freezing using Ti Backup may be a simpler alternative.

4. gd123

gd123 Member

I'm non rooted and have this problem today as well - phone won't boot and seems to be stuck in a loop between htc screen then t- mobile screen and back to htc.

Pulled the battery after half an hour or so on about 5 occasions.

Haven't changed anything although i was getting messages about lack of space - first time i had 2 warnings in notification bar immediately before problem.

Any help appreciated

5. Kieloh

Kieloh Newbie

Pretty much the same thing happened my phone, while I was in work...
    I believe the phone overheated, Fixed by holding the volume down and powering it on, to go to recovery, and then do a full recovery, not 100% on the exact menu options... but it fixed it for me...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews