• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC desire is very quiet

Dave G7AKM, how loud do you want it to be? after looking at your QRZ.COM profile are you working all your radio's while your DESIRE is ringing? if so then you wont hear it because all radio ops have a thing about having everything turned up to 10 " so they wont miss anything".:rolleyes:
My desire is very loud on ringing, try listening to your phone when your not wearing "cans" and if you still find it quiet then take it back to wherever you got it and see if they can sort it for you.:cool:

Upvote 0
How do i report this to HTC? Listening to the FM radio or music is really bad on this handset. At max volume its just so low and much lower than any other device i have used. Ringtones etc from the speaker is also much too low.

You can report it to HTC if you want but at the end of the day it's primarily a mobile phone...not a media player.
I have no complaints about the vol level of ringtones or alerts on mine.
All mobile phones are a compromise between features and physical size and space must be limited to fit a decent-sized speaker.

Upvote 0
You can report it to HTC if you want but at the end of the day it's primarily a mobile phone...not a media player.
I have no complaints about the vol level of ringtones or alerts on mine.
All mobile phones are a compromise between features and physical size and space must be limited to fit a decent-sized speaker.

Well yours must not have the same problems as mine. And what about the very low sound over headphones?

Upvote 0
Well I have waited 12 months until I thought Android and the phones to run it had converged into the brilliant point it is now, Android and HTC have significantly changed the way we think about mobile devices.

Imagine my disappointment then when I finally took delivery. The absolutely dire ringer volume. Its NOT Fit for Purpose!!!! (I can only consider using two or three, the rest only my dog can hear).

Look guys - joking around telling people to go to a quiet environment or worse BUY A HEARING AID is just insulting -

Nine million people in the UK (15% of the population) suffer from permanent, disabling hearing loss.

The estimated demographic figure has ranged from 22 million deaf and hard of hearing to as high as 36 million deaf and hard of hearing worldwide. Of these, only a few million are considered "deaf" and the remainder are hard of hearing but cannot use a phone.

For 30 years this huge group of customers have had a raw deal Paying out for Unused "Call Time" they cannot or simply find too frustrating to rely on and are sick of it - NOW HTC are giving us phones we cannot hear ringing or notifications.

Boy am I pissed I just signed a 2 year contract. :mad:

I have a

Upvote 0
Well I have waited 12 months until I thought Android and the phones to run it had converged into the brilliant point it is now, Android and HTC have significantly changed the way we think about mobile devices.

Imagine my disappointment then when I finally took delivery. The absolutely dire ringer volume. Its NOT Fit for Purpose!!!! (I can only consider using two or three, the rest only my dog can hear).

Look guys - joking around telling people to go to a quiet environment or worse BUY A HEARING AID is just insulting -

Nine million people in the UK (15% of the population) suffer from permanent, disabling hearing loss.

The estimated demographic figure has ranged from 22 million deaf and hard of hearing to as high as 36 million deaf and hard of hearing worldwide. Of these, only a few million are considered "deaf" and the remainder are hard of hearing but cannot use a phone.

For 30 years this huge group of customers have had a raw deal Paying out for Unused "Call Time" they cannot or simply find too frustrating to rely on and are sick of it - NOW HTC are giving us phones we cannot hear ringing or notifications.

Boy am I pissed I just signed a 2 year contract. :mad:

I have a

Upvote 0
I am disappointed with this too.
Apart from the quiet ring-tones, when I connect to external speakers the output level is very low, with lots of noise. In the car I need the volume turned to max, and at home on the sterio I need it turned above the setting I would use for the turntable.
The output seem to be at least 10 - 20 dB down on normal output levels for other devices.

Upvote 0
I am disappointed with this too.
Apart from the quiet ring-tones, when I connect to external speakers the output level is very low, with lots of noise. In the car I need the volume turned to max, and at home on the sterio I need it turned above the setting I would use for the turntable.
The output seem to be at least 10 - 20 dB down on normal output levels for other devices.

I posted this in another thread but I was called a liar with hearing problems who didn't understand how sound levels worked.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones