1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire Location sms problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nidhi Kapoor, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Nidhi Kapoor

Nidhi Kapoor Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Hi ,

I have got a strange problem with my HTC Desire HD phone . I m getting pop up message of my location every 10 seconds and due to this i had to switch off my notifications . Every time this message comes it gives me a option of save and cancel . I tried doing both cancel and save but it doesn't work either ways . i removed the battery sim card , deleted many applications but still same . Its too annoying . I tried to save it and block it too with sms blacklist apps but it still comes . I switched of my location in maps apps but still it comes and it happened after i did the system update message that i got on my phone . Currently the software on my phone is 3.12.405.1

Anyone can help me get rid of this issue pls .

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If you head to Settings -> Call and turn off Cell Broadcast, does that sort?

3. imieliei

imieliei Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    I have the exact same problem. It is especially bad when I am driving around. I have now turned off the "cell broadcast" setting. Really hope this works. It is driving me insane!!!:mad:

4. ProQ

ProQ Lurker
    None

Feb 4, 2012
    I've been having this problem on the desire HD ever since I installed the latest updates in December (Vodafone). So so annoying! Just tried unchecking cell broadcast and hope that works! Hope they fix it in the next update. Many thanks.

5. tashap92

tashap92 Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    this is ridiculous. i'm having the same issue as the above bloggers. It's just eating away at my battery life, i've tried everything!! please someone help - the above recommendations did nothing to fix the issue. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

6. ru4realz

ru4realz Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2012
    I figured it out!!! I don't know if anyones had this problem lately but I have and it was because i used my old Samsung charger!!!! The whole time I had it plugged in I had these problems!!! And I called telus and yelled about it and when I unplugged it to do so.. no more locations bull... If your not using a diff charger then no clue but if you are... BUY A NEW ONE!

7. Shanky Kochhar29

None

Apr 22, 2014
    hello everyone.
    Well i guess i ve joined late and the above issues are quite old but still i would like to provide a solution to it

In HTC device, Go to Phone or Call option >> settings>> Cell Broadcasting (uncheck it)

you will stop receiving messages from "50" number

Thanks
    Shanky