• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Location sms problem

Hi ,

I have got a strange problem with my HTC Desire HD phone . I m getting pop up message of my location every 10 seconds and due to this i had to switch off my notifications . Every time this message comes it gives me a option of save and cancel . I tried doing both cancel and save but it doesn't work either ways . i removed the battery sim card , deleted many applications but still same . Its too annoying . I tried to save it and block it too with sms blacklist apps but it still comes . I switched of my location in maps apps but still it comes and it happened after i did the system update message that i got on my phone . Currently the software on my phone is 3.12.405.1

Anyone can help me get rid of this issue pls .

I figured it out!!! I don't know if anyones had this problem lately but I have and it was because i used my old Samsung charger!!!! The whole time I had it plugged in I had these problems!!! And I called telus and yelled about it and when I unplugged it to do so.. no more locations bull... If your not using a diff charger then no clue but if you are... BUY A NEW ONE!

Upvote 0
Hi ,

I have got a strange problem with my HTC Desire HD phone . I m getting pop up message of my location every 10 seconds and due to this i had to switch off my notifications . Every time this message comes it gives me a option of save and cancel . I tried doing both cancel and save but it doesn't work either ways . i removed the battery sim card , deleted many applications but still same . Its too annoying . I tried to save it and block it too with sms blacklist apps but it still comes . I switched of my location in maps apps but still it comes and it happened after i did the system update message that i got on my phone . Currently the software on my phone is 3.12.405.1

Anyone can help me get rid of this issue pls .
hello everyone.
Well i guess i ve joined late and the above issues are quite old but still i would like to provide a solution to it

In HTC device, Go to Phone or Call option >> settings>> Cell Broadcasting (uncheck it)

you will stop receiving messages from "50" number

Thanks
Shanky

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones