1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire login issue on start up with Gmail account

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Android Question

I have an Android phone HTC Desire. My phone is locked (the pattern I use to lock and unlock the screen) and I tried unlocking by signing in with my Google account (which it asks me to do). The phone is not connected to the internet so I think it is not logging on. As the phone is locked so i cannot start the internet connection as well.

After I have put in my signing in details it does not work and shows error message such as "invalid username or password". I am 100% sure the signing details are correct because I used it to sign in on my laptop.

Please can you help me, I cannot use my mobile right now due to this problem. I have been trying many times to unlock but to no avail.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

The link to googles recovery is a good one but I dont think it helps the OP. Unless the OP has an app installed that can remotely enable data via sms (such as androidlost) or has wifi set to come on on a timed basis (not sure the Desire has this facility) I think a factory reset is the only option to get access to the phone. If USB debugging happens to be enabled, it may be possible to connect the phone to a PC and use ADB to enable data on the device. If that is the case, the OP should post the question again in the HTC Desire section of the forum where there are some very knowledgable members who would no doubt help.

rbt0424 It would be very helpful if you could exlain in as much detail as possible how you got around the situation as many people have been stuck with having to factory reset.

Roger