• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire - Low on phone memory - HELP

Apologies if the answer to this is in these forums - I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution.

I have a HTC desire (which I love by the way) and just recently got a notification that I cannot get rid of telling me that my phone is low on space. I have an 8GB SD card which has over 7GB available and all 3rd party apps are stored on here.

I have run a full clean on my phone (cache, history etc) and it does not help.

I have 13.07MB left of available space, which is probably ok but my phone disagrees. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue (either by clearing space or just removing the message). Is 13.07mb low for a phone?

Thanks in anticipation
Lee

ok, if you dont mind uninstall a few apps to clear up your space???
other than that i found a little work around that solved a big problem of mine, when i'd try to compress a pix to send via mms my phone would hang and use up ALL of my internal memory trying to resize the pic untill phone crashed, i rang up HTC to find out where the message data was stored so i could clear it and get my memory back, they didnt know, said to a factory reset, i lost alot of stuff, than it happened again (i shouldve learned), so i fiddled with my fone and found a neat way of clearing memory from excessive message data
goto: menu->settings->applications->manage applications->'running' TAB and find Dialer Storage, it shouldnt be more than 5mb, if it is press 'clear data'. after you will have to reinput APN details so back them up first. hope that helps

Upvote 0
There is a workaround for non rooted phones, that forces the phone to install ALL the apps on tne SD-card.
Search the forums for the phrase "SetInstallLocation"

This will help a little, but in order to get some real space, rooting and flashing a ROM with A2SD+ is the way to go. Read all the guides and faq's on this forum, a couple of times, and you are good to go! Use only the resources here on AF, as they are very reliable. And the guys who wrote them are around to help you out, provided you don't use ROM manager...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones