1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire: mail no longer syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simonisme, Jun 18, 2011.

1. simonisme

simonisme Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Hi all,

i've been searching for over an hour but can't seem to find my answer... So here goes my try..

I have a HTC Desire, been using this for like 2-3 months now. It's a phone for my work and I keep track of my emails, calendar ect...

This thing works just fine.. but now for like 2-3 days it won't automatically sync my mails... which is very annoying.. So I constantly have to manually check my mail and then the mails get received with no problem.

If I go to Exchange active sync and click "sync now" immediately the red exclamation mark pops up on my "mail" the contacts and calendar sync perfectly..

I have tried numerous options, push mail, every 5 minutes, but nothing seems to work.

Contacting the tech guy at work is not an option since his solution is to remove the account and recreate it, if that doesn't work reset the phone to factory.... but that's not what I want..

I worked fine and everything is still working fine except the damn mail syncing...

anybody any clue? thanks in advance!!!!!

Advertisement

2. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    Well, you've rejected the first, most obvious solution. If you've searched then I would expect you've found this advice elsewhere as well - I've certainly seen this offered as a fix.

Why don't you want to do this, exactly? It's a 5-Minute job, and once it's working again, all your mail (within your specified timeframe) will sync back to the phone again...

You could try K-9, I believe this works with ActiveSync (which I assume you're using?)

Tags: