1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire - Many Issues - Any Ideas ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ross Good, May 7, 2012.

1. Ross Good

Ross Good Lurker
    None

May 7, 2012
    I have a HTC Desire approx 2 years old and over the last 5 months I have noticed it starting to experience issues....

• Phone cannot save latest update as not enough memory - I have to remove apps first each time and even that may not solve the issue
    • Battery will not hold its charge irrespective of how long you charge it for - I even bought a new battery only yesterday but its the same story
    • Cannot sync "linked" contacts from phone to google account - I have synced "google" contacts/"phone" contacts/SIM Contacts - but cannot sync "Linked" contacts. Surely I don't have to do this manually ??

Phone tells me my SD Card is "Mounted Read Only" and has experienced an unexpected problem. I bough a new SD card and same issue. This has resulted in not being able to sync contacts/photos etc to HTC sync NOR can I now use my camera as there is no where to "save" my pictures to.

Well its either the backup and factory reset works of I'm getting a new phone!

Anybody with any solutions to any of my issues above ? Many thanks, Ross

Advertisement

2. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    1: Low memory is a curse of the stock Desire. The only real solution is really badass deleting of apps that are "kind of cool, but never used", or rooting and flashing a custom ROM.

2: That bad of a battery experience, especially a brand new one, make me suspect hardware problems.

3: No real idea. Don't really understand the issue, probably due to bad english comprehension.

As a whole:
    Try to mount the SD card as read /write from Settings or Recovery (vol down + Power).
    If unsuccessful - try to make backups of your texts, using for example SMS backup and Restore. As your SD card is mounted read only, hope you have your contacts saved to your Google account.

After that a factory reset is my best bet. Kind of last resort, though...

If that doesn't work either, and you're under the two year warranty offered by HTC, it's off to the shop.

Tags: