• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire music control with screen locked.

You can get a functionality like this by combining the apps Flyscreen with Tunewiki.

Download tunewiki first, then go to menu and download flyscreen from there.

market://search?q=pname:com.tunewiki.lyricplayer.android

chart

Unfortunately with HTC sense, where you cannot disable the primary lockscreen, this means having to go through two in order to open the phone normally.

Upvote 0
3 or Cubed music player has the option to "replace" your lock screen with controls. It works fine enough - it makes it a bit slow to turn on, though.

Check in the settings.

Personally, I'd like some kind of "shake" control that could be activated with the power button or so. Shake or tilt to go forward, shuffle, rewind, etc..

Tim

Upvote 0
How to make the music controls appear when the HTC Desire is locked?
like on iphone double press home bttm, how do i do that on desire?
Tried every thing but only will show the bar when i press the sleep/awake bttm but no music controls.

sorry if i misunderstand, but when you are playing music, and you press the on key to turn on the screen, the music player controls are right there aren't they?

Thats one less key press than an iPhone right?

Upvote 0
sorry if i misunderstand, but when you are playing music, and you press the on key to turn on the screen, the music player controls are right there aren't they?

Thats one less key press than an iPhone right?

nope, once i lock the screen the only key i can press is the sleep bttm one, and shows the lock bar only, if i push the bar down tell me put the pattern combination.

but not music controls at all..

Upvote 0
I have the same as Lekky, when music is playing I press the power button to wake my phone and the music controls are above the lock bar. That way I don't have to unlock the screen.

My phone's unbranded. Don't know of that may affect it.

oh nooo mine is not... :(

mine is from o2 unbranded but its unlocked too..

some out there know whats going on?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I think i understand what zhivago is saying.
On an Iphone / Ipod touch if you press the home button twice the music controls are displayed regardless of music playing or not. And this is how they want the Desire to work also.

On the Desire the controls only show on the lock screen when music is already playing. If music isnt playing then they dont.

This is also what im seeing and presumed it was how it normally works!!

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I think i understand what zhivago is saying.
On an Iphone / Ipod touch if you press the home button twice the music controls are displayed regardless of music playing or not.

On the Desire the controls only show on the lock screen when music is already playing. If music isnt playing then they dont.

This is also what im seeing and presumed it was how it normally works!!

Heh, I was about to say the same thing, music must be playing to see controls. Just to be clear, they show up on the "slide to unlock screen"

Interestingly, Mort Player has an option (I think it's in the widgets add on download), that disables the lock screen altogether when music is playing. This would be a cool feature except that when you use the wired remote or press any button on the unit, the screen turns on again.

Note that there are 3 Mort Player downloads; music, audiobook @ widget.

There is another music player that has a "slide to unlock" screen replacement called Mixzing media player, but it's kind of um...unpolished. The lock screen, not the player.

Upvote 0
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet...

Pressing the play button on the headphones will start the music player and play your last song. Then once the last song you listened to begins playing you can access the music player controls on the lock screen in the usual way.

As far as I can tell this works in the exact same way as what the OP is requesting.

Upvote 0
They wouldn't remove this i'm almost certain, there must be another issue. Anyway OP says his is unbranded so its a non-issue trying to fix his problem :p

zhivago, I assume you are using the default music app right?

I really enjoy my Desire and much prefer it over my son's iphone 4.

I have used the music player an now cannot work out how o turn it off.

I have tried everything I can think of and there is no stop button, only pause or close button.

Also what is the setting or App for keeping the controls on the home screen as you have discussed previously.

Regards

cogs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones