• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc desire nightmare

the_ahmadzais

Jun 30, 2010
hello guys im new here . yesteday i finally bought my desire in canada from telus and i was in rush so i didnt bother looking the phone at store. so when i went home. the sealed was open and there was finger prints on it and i wanted to unlock it to rogers. and i went to 5 different unlocking place they couldnt do it and last guy told me that it might be a refurbished phone thats y it cant be unlock. and i call the place i bought from they said if there is any problem with it will switch it for u. im gonna fight to get a new desire i waited long for this day to come and it all went wrong for me i dont even know what to do. cuz at first i dont think cellphone places are aloud to sell some phone that is used by other people. cuz i dont know what they did with it and i dont feel comfortable with it. any1 any suggestion what to do?

looking at it from a legal point of view, i understand that the box was opened when you got it but you can't prove it and if the phone is working then it will not be replaced.

one question, you took it to five different unlockers and they said that it can't be unlocked because it is refurbished? why not? it still has the same hardware/software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones