• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire on o2

Dibs

Dec 28, 2010
Edinburgh
www.giffgaff.com
I see that o2 online have dropped the original Desire, in favour of the Desire S.

My wife is due an upgrade in a couple of months, she wants a Desire (or S) and looking at the costs elsewhere, I'll get a much better upgrade deal on o2 if I can get hold of the older Desire.

Does anyone know if o2 shops still have the original?

I see that o2 online have dropped the original Desire, in favour of the Desire S.

My wife is due an upgrade in a couple of months, she wants a Desire (or S) and looking at the costs elsewhere, I'll get a much better upgrade deal on o2 if I can get hold of the older Desire.

Does anyone know if o2 shops still have the original?

Yep. Some stores still have em.

Upvote 0
Did not know that. That's surprisingly generous for a company.

Not really. It's business. Let's say I want a sensation at upgrade time and o2 don't have them yet.

So I go to cpw to get an unbranded one. What's to stop me getting one on Vodafone? If I'm shopping around,I'm obviously looking for a deal.

Cpw could fulfil that need and o2 have lost out. If I take a contract on Vodafone, I directly pay cpw.

Or they can upgrade my existing o2 contract and give me a new handset.

Cpw make money either way. O2 don't lose out, so they allow cpw to make money on the deal O2 don't have to outlay for the handset. A lot of a contract profit is made on the handset. No one really loses out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones