HTC Desire on o2

Dibs

I see that o2 online have dropped the original Desire, in favour of the Desire S.

My wife is due an upgrade in a couple of months, she wants a Desire (or S) and looking at the costs elsewhere, I'll get a much better upgrade deal on o2 if I can get hold of the older Desire.

Does anyone know if o2 shops still have the original?

EddyOS

Android Expert
Get it from a 3rd party shop like CPW as you'll get an unbranded Desire as opposed to a branded one direct from o2

mirrorimage

I see that o2 online have dropped the original Desire, in favour of the Desire S.

My wife is due an upgrade in a couple of months, she wants a Desire (or S) and looking at the costs elsewhere, I'll get a much better upgrade deal on o2 if I can get hold of the older Desire.

Does anyone know if o2 shops still have the original?

Yep. Some stores still have em.

SUroot

Extreme Android User
Did not know that. That's surprisingly generous for a company.

Not really. It's business. Let's say I want a sensation at upgrade time and o2 don't have them yet.

So I go to cpw to get an unbranded one. What's to stop me getting one on Vodafone? If I'm shopping around,I'm obviously looking for a deal.

Cpw could fulfil that need and o2 have lost out. If I take a contract on Vodafone, I directly pay cpw.

Or they can upgrade my existing o2 contract and give me a new handset.

Cpw make money either way. O2 don't lose out, so they allow cpw to make money on the deal O2 don't have to outlay for the handset. A lot of a contract profit is made on the handset. No one really loses out