1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HTC Desire Problems with Drivers when Trying to root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spec-Kie, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Spec-Kie

Spec-Kie Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 17, 2013
    Male
    MHSW
    North East UK.
    Hey guys i really apologise if this is the same question been asked over and over again, Thing is i am having trouble finding drivers for my devise Unrevoked just sits and waits for the device. I have tryed in stall HTC sync (multiple Versions) on my machines and keep getting an error message claimning that the driver manager could not be installed, The HBOOT drivers install fine just cant get this to work, Would reall yappriciate it if some one could give me the heads up in something i am missin or something im not doing right, my machines are a desktop with XP HE SP3 and a samsung laptop with WINDOWS 7 my device is a HTC desire (G7) Bravo, running 2.3.3, Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thank you ..

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hi Keano88, and welcome to AF :)

If you have installed 2.3 already then unrevoked won't work anyway. You need to use revolutionary instead. There's a guide to this in the All Things Root forum.

You may still need to install the drivers, but give it a go and let us know if there's still a problem.

I should move this thread to the root forum anyway :)

3. Spec-Kie

None

Jan 17, 2013
    Male
    MHSW
    North East UK.
    oopps i really appologise i didnt see a root forum sorry. Im new this like so i didnt relise, Well when i have tryed to use revolutionary it still says waiting for device, its the drivers i have a problems with, htc sync will not install any type of driver software keep getting a error message, i will have a nother read of the guide and see if i can come to grips with it .. but thank you for you help and i shall be back if i get stuck lol.

4. Bazcabs

Bazcabs Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
  5. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    If that doesn't work you could try contacting HTC technical support. They don't know you are going to uninstall it again.

6. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    No worries about which forum you posted in :)

Afraid I'm not much of a windows user though, so can't help much with drivers. I assume you are running the install as administrator.

7. Spec-Kie

None

Jan 17, 2013
    Male
    MHSW
    North East UK.
    Bazcabs thanks for that link I will try it in the morning. And if it don't work then I will have to give htc tech support a ring and see what they day. Thing is i can install the hboot driver without any issues. Just when i install HTC sync I get the error message.. yea hadron I have been administrator on bpth installs of the HTC spftware and still an error message ..

8. Spec-Kie

None

Jan 17, 2013
    Male
    MHSW
    North East UK.
    hey guys them drivers worked a treat thank you very much. just need to install my custom rom and partition my sd card.

Hadron likes this.
Tags: