1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire reverted to ORIGINAL market and can't open Apps on SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FatMick Prime, Oct 19, 2011.

1. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2009
    For some reason last night, my wife's Desire went screwy.

She first noticed that she was getting a force cose when trying to open Handcent. I had a look, and noticed that all the apps that were installed on her SD card were missing from the app drawer. Also, and icons to those apps on the home screens were the default android icon.

Under settings>applications>manage applications>apps on sd card, it lists just one app (IMDB).

I figured it was a problem with the SD card, so checked in settings>memory & storage, but it shows the SD card as being visible, with used/free storage shown as expected.

But weirdest of all, the market has reverted back to the original version (the one with the grey header), and clicking on 'downloads' (yes, that's how old the version of market is - no 'my apps'), it only lists 3 apps.

She says she hasn't done anything to it - it was working fine earlier in the evening. The battery went flat, so she recharged it, then it had gone like this.

I've tried turning the phone off, removing and replacing the SD card and turning back on, to no avail.

I got Handcent working by removing and reinstalling, but am at a loss to what's gone awry with everything else. Sounds like an SD card issue, but it's odd that the phone can still see the card under settings.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or know how to fix it?

Advertisement

Tags: