1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HTC Desire Root Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bubufu, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bubufu

bubufu Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    I recently rooted my HTC Desire using the unrevoked3 method and it worked. I tried to flash a ROM but it failed as it said process was aborted. My SD card then got screwed as my phone kept saying "mounted read only" and i read that to fix it is to format the SD card which I did and it did fix that problem. Now I am wondering if my phone is still rooted even though i formatted the SD card/ using a new one (switched from old 1gig to new 8gig)? because i want to try flashing a rom again.

Also at the time when i succesfully rooted my phone i never bothered to open the superuser permissions app so i didnt know wat its supposed to be like. After formatting/getting a new SD card, when i try to open the superuser permissions app, i just get a black screen. Is it supposed to be like that or is that a sign my phone is not rooted anymore?

All help is very appreciated and Im sorry if all this sounds a little confusing as I am a total noob. THANKS!

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Yup, formatting the external memory card doesn't affect root.

That's normal. When you run an app/process that requires SU (root) access, Superuser pops up a confirmation dialogue for you. Once you've given an app SU permission it will be listed when you open Superuser Permissions.

So were we all at some time, so no need for apologies. :) If you haven't already found it, I recommend having a read through the Desire All-Things-Root section. It's full of useful info and frequented by some very knowledgeable and helpful members.

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    did you use rom manager?

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Also did you check your pvt version / erase size?

Tags: