• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire S Screen Freezes Often

m2uet

Lurker
Sep 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I hav just got HTC Desire S and facing problems from the first day:(. The problem with my fone is that it freezes every now and then in approx everythng like calling, messaging, browsing r even watching movies/pictures. Sometimes, i have to press the touchscreen for a longtime and it starts working while at some moments this technique doesn't work and i have to lock the screen using power button and then unlocking it restore the previous work that i was doing on it. this situation is very much annoying for me and making me crazy:mad:. I am new to android and this is my first android fone. when i bought it it was on:

Android Version: 2.3.5
HTC Sense: 3.0
Software No: 2.10.161.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.10-g9ac6c7a
Baseband Version: 20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M
Build No: 2.10.161.3 CL156318 release-keys

RADIO-3822.10.08.04_M

I updated it via RUU to ICS and thought that the screen problem will be gone but my bad luck that it is still there. After update:

Android Version: 4.0.4
HTC Sense: 3.6
Software No: 14.01.401.2 710RD
Kernel Version: 3.0.16-gce03037
Baseband Version: 20.76.30.0835U_3831.19.00.110
Build No: 4.01.401.2 CL434411 release-keys

RADIO-3831.19.00.110

Plz help me guys as to how should i be able to get rid of this problem.

Another question is:
This problem is hardware related or software related???? and if software related either the HTC Sense is creating this mess or the ROM.

Waiting for your helpful advices....

Hi and welcome to the forum (I'm relatively new here myself).

I don't have the knowledge to determine whether it is hardware or software. But I can give you some things I wouldn't and would do;

1. It's a new Desire S, don't root it if you experienced these problems at first. The problem may have existed on release from the HTC shed. Consider returning to place of purchase, and if that is not possible, directly contact HTC with the issue.
  2. If that fails due to whatever reason, and you have absolutely nothing to loose (warranty), consider rooting and wiping everything, and starting fresh.
Out of curiosity, what have you installed any playstore apps?

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome to the forum (I'm relatively new here myself).

I don't have the knowledge to determine whether it is hardware or software. But I can give you some things I wouldn't and would do;

1. It's a new Desire S, don't root it if you experienced these problems at first. The problem may have existed on release from the HTC shed. Consider returning to place of purchase, and if that is not possible, directly contact HTC with the issue.
  2. If that fails due to whatever reason, and you have absolutely nothing to loose (warranty), consider rooting and wiping everything, and starting fresh.
Out of curiosity, what have you installed any playstore apps?
@Guru82

Thnx for ur early response. Actually it is not a new fone. I have bought it from a second hand market on check warranty so the warranty is ruled out. I didnt knew that it will create problems afterwards. At that time, it worked perfectly. Even now, sometimes it works really fine but sometimes just freezes and i either have to wait or press the power button twice to make it usable. One thing more that i need to share is that when it freezes the process which is running doesnt stop only the touch screen doesnt respond and the soft keys. e.g. during call, the touchscreen freezes but the call continues and if i need to activiate loudspkr it doesnt respond as the touchscreen is freezed. One i checked it during video. i was watching a video song on it and the screen froze but the song was still playing. i rotate the fone, the display also rotated and the screen began to work. I am not sure, what is the problem with this set...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones