1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire S Screen Leakage Exchange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bhargava28, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Bhargava28

Bhargava28 Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    I have recently purchased (1 week ago) the HTC Desire S from Carphone Warehouse and unfortunately there is a slight screen leakage at the bottom and around the sides of the touch buttons - this can only be seen in dark conditions but it's very frustrating especially at night. I am wondering if they will exchange the product since I've already exchanged it previously for another reason ( Camera wasn't functioning correctly). A quick response would be great - Thanks in advance.

I need a really quick response :(.

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    You'll only know by taking it in and, if they don't accept your reason, then be prepared to demonstrate it to them. However, as long as you're exchanging like for like, then I don't think you'll have a problem.

There's only one way to find out...

3. Bhargava28

Bhargava28 Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    Thanks I'll give it a go, but the problem is the light leakage can only be seen in pitch dark rooms

4. billynibbles

billynibbles Member
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Male
    Somerset, UK
    Well pick the most attractive assistant and offer to go to a dark room with them :)

I've had a Desire S for one week, and on the first day identified a failure of the USB port which could only really be demonstrated with the use of one of the shop's PCs after which they had to conclude I was right and gave me another one. It's an object lesson in trying everything as soon as possible. I'm sure some people who, say, would only get round to using the USB lead after thinking 'hmm, must put some music on it' will leave it a few weeks, all of which makes it more difficult to get it replaced as a 'Dead-On-Arrival'.

Tags: