• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC Desire Screen Protectors?

I have tried many screen protectors including Invisible Shield for my Bold. Very good product but I found it hard to apply. To me, Martin Fields are the best. I bought a 2 pack and nailed the installation (that was a first)! Went on nice and easy. No bubbles and the screen looks great.

I find no issues in navigating but fingerprints do show. You may want to keep a microfiber cloth handy for the occasional clean up.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Second Question - do any of them actually fit properly? I say this because I just bought a Case-mate case that came with a screen protector (added bonus!) but it doesn't fit properly (the top overlapped the plastic casing a little). There was absolutely no way to get it "flush" with the phone screen as it curves at the top.
I also got a CaseMate (Tough) which came with a screen protector, but I didn't use it. As I was so impressed with the genuine HTC ones I had for my Hero, I bought a pack for the Desire. They fit very well with the CaseMate and as you'd expect, a perfect fit for the screen. Oh, and they don't scratch easily either :)

Upvote 0
Zagg screen protectors are now the ones for me.... Tried Martin Fields before and although they were fitted without any air bubbles they did eventually start to lift at the cornres and didn't take kindly to re-application like the instructions state. The Zagg comes with a lifetime guarantee so should it get scratched....which seems hard to do they will replace it (got my replacement within 2 days !!!).
Only needed the replacement cos phone was going for an exchange, so the very minor scratches 'became an issue' requireing a warranty exchange. Sticks like s**t to a blanket so clean hands/phone etc are a must before fitting. Little pricier than some but worth it for the lifetime exchange.;)

Upvote 0
Just bought my case: Case Mate Barely There

It comes with a screen protector that fits perfectly, and I barely notice it's there. It also seems to be a bit more resistant against fingerprints, not by much though. The feel is great and doesn't hinder you form using SlideIT...compared to the first screen protector I bought. The only complain I have is that the sticker that's supposed to help you apply it is a total b**** to remove, it leaves some nasty glue residue that's annoying to remove. But once that was done, I got zero complaints. The case is quite sturdy, and not quite as bulky as some others.

Rating: 9/10 (I was tempted to deduct 2 points because applying it sucks...but I calmed down a bit since doing it.)

Upvote 0
I thought the glass is pretty much scratch proof compared to say a plastic screen like on a Samsung Instinct/Omnia?

At least for just regular usage and put in pocket without any sharp things?

I'm sure if you use keys and rocks and knives the thing will get scratched but just regular cotton and jeans and hands, it's fine right?

I have a Nikon D300s and it's a expensive $1900 camera when I bought it and I never use a screen protector and it's never scratched. I even tried using a knife to scratch it up.

Upvote 0
I'm using the CaseMate protector that came with my Tough Case, but applied using the Zagg application fluid - result - a perfectly bubble- and dust-free screen. I put a Zagg Invisible Screen film on my daughter's phone, and I would say that this is slightly less translucent than the Casemate one, but possibly tougher.
I ws going to use the Zagg on my Desire instead of the one that came with the case, but the Casemate one has been fine since I refitted it. Plus I've still got the Zagg protector waiting in case the Casemate one gets damaged.

Upvote 0
screen protectors = TOTALLY worth it!!!!
hey kids! here's a story!
only today i realised that screen protectors are definately a must have because i stupidly left my desire in the hands of my cousin brothers and then when i got it back, i realised the screen was scratched but didnt wanna say anything coz i dont feel comfortable confronting people. after a couple hours of bein REALLY pissed off, i realised the screen might not be scratched, and it may HOPEFULLY be just the protector, so i took the protector off, and guess what?! THE SCREEN WASN'T SCRATCHED! =D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones