1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Htc desire stuck while booting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by angryboy, Apr 3, 2011.

1. angryboy

angryboy Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi all
    I have a HTC desire phone on 3g network UK. It has been working fine. All of a sudden yesterday it has started behaving strange. First it went through power recylcling number of times and went all the way up till home screen each time. Then, it again went through power recycle by itself and got stuck at white screen with htc logo (power boot). I went through the android forum searching for the troubleshooting
    http://androidforums.com/desire-all...g-unrevoked-windows-published-19-03-11-a.html
    I managed to get it powered up by selecting CLEAR STORAGE option in HBOOT.

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.11.05.14
    Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

HBOOT
    <VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

Then I created the GOLDCARD following the instruction:
    [PC Application] GoldCardTool - Android @ MoDaCo
    CID no was:
    1B534D3030303030107EF7A1A200A22E
    A file with the name goldcard.img was emailed of size 1KB, I followed the instructions to copy it on SD card. Rebooted the phone with SD card in it, until home screen is reached. Used UnRevoked software (as shown in first link shared above) to flash the ROM, it did that soon I double clicked the UnRevoked. Then it automatically went for rebooting and since then it is stuck at that white screen with HTC logo. Waited for an hour then tried diconnecting the battery and initialized the phone in HBOOT mode, tried CLEAR STORAGE and RECOVERY options one by one but no success. Please advise!

Advertisement

2. williamj1

williamj1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    UK

So you can boot into custom recovery?

If so, in the recovery do a complete wipe of data and everything else, and then try flashing a new rom. You are best trying to flash what's called an RUU which is Identical to factory state. What network are you on? Download the relevant file to flash here (note three is called H3G)..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-695667.html

3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Surely if you are going to run an RUU you don't need to wipe from recovery? That wipes everything anyway, and unroots. But since the OP says he (I assume, from the name) cannot get into recovery that's not really the issue.

I agree with William that you want to run the RUU (it's a Windows program that loads software onto the phone). Was the phone 3 branded or unbranded, since that determines which RUU you need?

The RUU will set everything back to the original software, unrooting and deleting all apps and data. If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably a warranty claim. But having rooted you'd want to run the RUU anyway before a warranty claim, since if the phone is still rooted they can decline the claim (as you've tampered with the phone).

Tags: