• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc desire sudden problem

Hi Everyone...Recieved My Little Darling on 15.4.2010..1st Impression on the Desire was Great...Everything seemed to be working as expected for a new phone.. but sadly over the past 2 nights Battery drain has become a problem...Desire fully charged before going to bed at 10pm. At 5am next morning battery showing only 4%..I checked what had been using battery overnight and it was the Android System..used 96%..previously the battery was still charged to 82% next morning.. I thought the Desire slept over night when not in use..Any tips on this sudden problem would be appreciated..Ive read on another post that someone had this problem and got a replacement phone..would rather only use this option if the Forum cant help..Thanx in advance for any replys..

did you install any new apps over this time when the battery started misbehaving?
what about pressing *#*#4636#*#* and see what information Battery history gives in Other Usage or in Partial wake usage. or the last you can do depends how technically minded you are is to ADB logcat, which will give you all processes running which you might not be aware about
for ADB use other thread like Samsung galaxy or XDA forums

Reactions: johnnewcastle
Upvote 0
Hi..Just got an answer from T Mobile Customer Support..They said it was a problem with the Calender App and just to remove the Calender App from Home Screen...And if I have any more problems just to get in touch again... Now thats all well and good but I need a Calender....Does anyone know if downloading a different Callender App will solve this issue and if so what are the best Calender Apps on the Android Market..As usual Thanx in advance for any replys

Upvote 0
actually haven't seen a good calendar app for almost a year of bein android user. that is why im so happy with HTC's one. and it doesn't drain my battery.
actually don't know what caused yours to drain battery
but so far to me i can't think of better calendar than the one that came in desire (well done HTC :) ) but don't lose hope and search the market for calendar app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones