• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire UAE users

mygsm.me are selling desire for 2600 Dhs (today's price). Little high but they do seem to have local number you can phone. there's also this site that have desire: HTC Desire - Nahel.com
They are selling for 2249 Dhs (again, that's their price today)
Both of these sites offer cash on delivery.

hmmm, cash on delivery sounds good!
I ordered mine from handtec.com yesterday, will be delivered on saturday.
Desire + screen protector + htc pouch cost me 2170Sr thats around 2150Dirhams, with delivery.

Upvote 0
Guys,
I've been looking for a screen protector here in Dubai for a long time, in vain mostly because the phone hasn't been launched here yet.
Buying from an online source shipped from another country would be impractical as the shipping price would exceed the cost of the protector.

Is there any place I can get this? For a branded one I am willing to pay good money.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Epson ink Cartridges items - Get great deals on Compatble Ink Cartridges items on eBay Stores!
he got screen protectors and cases. i got the smoke black gel case also from him.
edit: i have no idea why the link says epson ink cartridges lol but its the right link

Reactions: g4rvd4
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i got the screen guard + silicone gel case smoke black. i did drop it once and it fell about 2ft and the gel case protected the phone beautifully.
be very careful and take your time applying the screen protector, i could not manage a bubble free installation.

those screen protectors are really tricky, its almost impossible to apply one without a bubble yourself! I am thinking of taking it to some mobile shop and get it applied there by someone, when i get it on saturday that is :D

Upvote 0
i got the screen guard + silicone gel case smoke black. i did drop it once and it fell about 2ft and the gel case protected the phone beautifully.
be very careful and take your time applying the screen protector, i could not manage a bubble free installation.

Is the silicone thick? Would you know it's there if the phone was in your pocket? Does it have holes cut out for the camera, earphones and speaker?
Sorry, but never used a silicone before.. :D

Could you post a picture of your desire with the silicone on, preferably with the screen on too, if it isn't too much to ask? :D

Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
Just received my Desire!!! :D
and its awesome!!
i am amazed how slim it is, i mean i wasn't expecting it to be this slim!
i mean it looks and feels totally different in real, then the reviews and pics on the Internet!
and this thing is viciously fast!!
just switched it on, applied the screen protector my self, well there are a few bubbles near the light sensor and led, but other then that its applied perfectly, sort of, haha!!
i will upload a few pics of the device and the pouch tomorrow :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones