• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire: Unhold a call problems

M

Member434960

Hello

Is anyone else getting the same problem, or know how to fix this please?

When I am on a call and another call comes through, I can pick up the new incoming call and put the other call on wait. However, when I try to go back to the original call I am not able to do so, it just sits there and I cannot pick it up. It means I have to hang up and then call them back. This has never worked for me.

Any solutions will be gladly listened to.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same problem. i spent an hour with tech support. They suggested that because I have calls forwarded to my cell phone from my land line, the phone was unable to unhold a caller. We then tried calling directly to my cell phone from two separate lines. Same exact problem. We answered the first call then answered the second call. The first call went automatically to hold. When the second call ended I was unable to find any way to un hold the first caller. The screen simply showed the phone number with the word "hold" in the upper right hand corner, but there was no unhold button anywhere. Tech suggested that this was a "glitch". It seems this phone (mytouch 4g) can do just about everything in the universe except handle phone calls properly. Excuse my French but this phone is just a piece of shit. (Oh, if I am quick enough and hang up on call number two before they hang up on me, then call number one unholds and I can continue the conversation. but it is altogether a miserable experience)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones