• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc desire warranty restore

adbird

Aug 26, 2010
Hi, I rooted using unrevoked on a mac, and installed a rooted official 2.2 rom and i was wondering what would be the easiest way to be able to have my phone alright to send in to htc if i had a problem. i just want this for ease of heart. i dont want to have to make a gold card, is there an easy way to make the phone not appear rooted to the htc people

Hi, I rooted using unrevoked on a mac, and installed a rooted official 2.2 rom and i was wondering what would be the easiest way to be able to have my phone alright to send in to htc if i had a problem. i just want this for ease of heart. i dont want to have to make a gold card, is there an easy way to make the phone not appear rooted to the htc people

Good thread, glad you opened it!

Well i am about to return my phone and am really curious as to weather they'll refuse to fix it! I have updated and downgraded using both OTA updates and the .exe windows files (using goldcard) but my phone definately has a hardware fault and needs repairing now.

Will keep you posted with my results......

Upvote 0
you find the ruu package of the provider you are with from shipped roms and install it before giving it back.
if it was unbranded then you flash the official RUU HTC package

you only need a gold card if you are flashing something other than your device type firmware.

I dont know what peoples problem with making a gold card is, gold cards can be used for storage just the same as a normal card and are there only to aid you with something. rooting the device and installing a custom rom is much more in depth

whats your reason for not making a gold card (although you wouldnt need one if flashing the right RUU rom)

Upvote 0
Ki eveyone,
i'm having the same issue as im having this hardware problem and need to send my phone to three network, but i cant find the correct ruu. Does anyone can give me some advice where i can find it.
My phone is from three network UK and i believe the original baseband was 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2
and build number was 1.21.405.2 CL 174215 release keys
firmware 2.1 update 1
bootloader 0.80

thanks a lot

Upvote 0
Ki eveyone,
i'm having the same issue as im having this hardware problem and need to send my phone to three network, but i cant find the correct ruu. Does anyone can give me some advice where i can find it.
My phone is from three network UK and i believe the original baseband was 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2
and build number was 1.21.405.2 CL 174215 release keys
firmware 2.1 update 1
bootloader 0.80

thanks a lot

Unbranded?

Thats this one:

Shipped ROMs

Although, you would have been able to upgrade to froyo OTA, so you could put this on instead I think:

Shipped ROMs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones