1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC desire wont boot up with sd card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I am experiencing a problem with my htc desire. I believe you have seen this issue before but I am having no luck. Here is where I am with this.
    My phone is getting stuck on the the white HTC screen. This only happens when the sd card is in. Without the sd card it will load up. I've tried holding the power button and the volume down button and clearing the storage. I then tried going into the recovery and wiped the cache partition, wiped the data and factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery stats.
    when i try to wipe the data/factory reset I get this message.
    "-- Wiping data...
    Formatting /data...
    Formatting cache...
    Formatting /sd-ext...
    No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext.
    Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...
    Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!
    Skipping format...
    Data wipe complete."

I cannot get it to boot up with the sd card in. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Put the SD card into a computer. It should have come with an adapter to make it a full size SD card. (If you don't have a computer with an SD card slot, there are USB adapters for micro SD cards for a few dollars.) Right-click on the card and format it. (The computer won't care about App2SD or mounting it secure.) Format it as FAT32 if you're given a choice.

Once it's formatted, take the card out, put it back into the phone and it should boot up with no problem.

If the card won't format in the computer, what you do depends on how paranoid you are. You're going to trash the card (it's defective) but are you going to break it into little pieces first? (Data CAN be gotten from damaged cards.)

scary alien likes this.