• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire X

One UK online retailer is listing it as "coming soon" at approx the same price as the One V - which is fair since apart from a slightly larger screen it seems rather similar in spec (slightly better, as it has a slightly larger screen and a removable battery). In fact it's hard to see why HTC would continue the One V once this is released.

Upvote 0
I think that you're both being a bit unfair - it's not supposed to be a top-end smartphone. Its success will depend on where they pitch it in terms of price.

Bob

But that's the point. The desire was a top end phone. Arguably the best on the market at the time.

A true replacement would be top spec. Not mid range. Sure its double the spec of the current desire CPU wise but that's still only a 3rd of the spec of the best.

Upvote 0
HTC are really going to town with the Desire range... They have the Desire, Z, HD, S, C, and now X. Have I missed any? More than likely..

Could this explain why HTC are financially struggling?

EDIT: Also - can make it tricky when googling/searching for a plain old Desire product/query!

Upvote 0
I think Desire, Desire HD, Z, S, C, X is the lot (at least in the UK), with S, C and X being the only current ones (and it's hard to believe the S will be current for much longer). But it does indeed make searching on the original Desire a pain :)

It's branding. Desire was a success, so they stuck with the name. Right now it looks like the Desire name is going to outlast Sensation, and the X is a much more respectable bearer of the name than the C.

The real question in my mind is when they'll realise that the sealed nature of the One series was a mistake? I noticed this week that Sony's latest all have expandable storage, and 2 out of 3 have removable batteries again, whereas the previous Xperias (S, P, U) all had fixed batteries and storage. So will HTC reconsider, or will they continue the same mistake for a bit longer?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones