1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc desire z discoloration

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fastwing76, May 7, 2011.

1. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

Anyone experiencing a discoloration on the grey rubber matterial of the htc desire z. Forming some sort of brown shadows in some areas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

notices some brownish hue on the back next to battery cover but it is gone now.... so i guess it was only dirt or some sort of reaction to sweat from my palms..

3. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

so u mean this issue is not a manifactural defect and can be rrmoved easily, what did u clean it with? some sort of alcohol or special cleaning chemical, how long have u had the desire z? and is it in a case or a shield skin body kit?. sorry for asking many question am just curious of this issue, do u use ur phone extensivly?

4. Naruvam

No shield skin or body kit. I dont want to cover up beauty of me Desire Z:) Using wet whipes that are used for cleaning glasses..

5. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

your right its. real beauty. its a releif to hear that. thank you. but u havnt told me for how long have u been using the desire z.?

6. Naruvam

2 months only...

7. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

mmmm ok .... thats not too long. how do u use your phone, are u kind of reckless or carful with ur phone?

8. Naruvam

Wery carefull. Not a scratch on it and without something unpredictible happening it's going to stay like that while i have it..

9. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

no case norhing ... just in ur pocket .... and normal use?

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Could also be some residual vapors from the glues used in assembly congregating / condensing there and then evaporating away from the heat.

11. Naruvam

I have golla bag for every day use and armband for runing...

12. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

my desire z has a phantom skinz matte kit on it but before i install it i have noticed some slight shadows in some areas and next to the keyboard on the grey area, so am wondering where it came from. ironacly i have applied the remaining from phanton skin on the grey area next to the keyboard . on removal it kind ot took the color away ... so i dont really know or am imagining .. thats why am asking. i hope more and more would replying assuring this is not a manifactural defect.

13. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I thought it was just my Roots holster rubbing off on it.

14. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

stuntman are u noticing a change of color on ur desire z. for how long have u been using the phone? and where exactly is the discoloration.

15. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I have been using this phone for 6 months now.

I noticed that it is a bit darker on either side of the optical track pad on that rubbery grey material. Then there's a bit below and to the left of the home key and also below and to the right of the search key. On the back it is below the battery panel, a bit beside the flash, the top corner beside the power button and the other top corner by the headphone jack. This discolouration is a bit darker than the rest of the grey rubbery surface.

The back battery cover is also a bit scratched up. It appears that there is a coating on the metal battery panel. Where this coating is scratched off, it reveals a shinier, smoother and more reflective surface underneath.

16. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

seems like the color change in the areas where ur skin comes in contact with the device, some how ur sweat or acidic oil react or get absorb by the telfon grey material.

17. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Makes sense. I tend to sweat a lot. In any case, it just seems like normal wear and tear to me. No big deal.

18. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

Yeah ... thanks alot for the info. It doesnt matter as long as the phone gets the jop done.

19. b3h

b3h Lurker

Mine has 2 yellow ish marks to the left and right of the keyboard. If you look under the top part of the phone as it is half open, you will see the 2 bits of rubber that are causing these marks on our phones.

20. fastwing76

fastwing76 Newbie

I have the same discoloration near the keyboard .. where the screen rests .. I don`t know if IT can be removed or not, b3h for how long have you had your phone. is it in conver skin or punch or not ?. how do you usually use your phone. do you use it heavily?.

21. temmuzk

temmuzk Lurker

I noticed a discoloration on my phone too. Most visible ones are under the battery cover at the left and right sides of the "WITH HTC SENSE" print and right above the camera. Also a bit on the left side of the phone at the far left of the trackpad. I only have the phone almost for a week lol

22. Richie_M

Richie_M Lurker

I have had my phone for 6 months and I too have noticed this discoloration. I tried using wipes to get rid and it did nothing. Any suggestions?

23. oharecr

oharecr Lurker

Mine discoloured but I put it down to the free case I was given, the black rubbed off on to the phone in just a few days and the store wouldn't do anything even though they gave me the case. It won't clean up either. I just hope it rubs off as easily as it went on.

24. Richie_M

Richie_M Lurker

Such a shame as I really love this phone (even tho the battery is pants). Thought about repainting it but not sure what the best paint/marker pen would be to cover up these marks, has anyone tried this before and whats the best suggestion?

HTC Desire Z Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews