1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire Z- Telus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GingerSinger, Jun 8, 2011.

1. GingerSinger

GingerSinger Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Hey, I have searched for hours trying to find this out but all I can find is stuff for Bell. I am trying to figure out when Telus will be carrying the HTC Desire Z in Canada. Anyone know when this will be happening?? :)

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Not all carriers will carry all phones. Telus carries the HTC Desire HD. That's as close as you can get at the moment.

If you really want the Desire Z on Telus, you can get it unlocked. The way you can do it through Bell is to purchase the phone with a plan and then cancel the plan and pay for it to be unlocked. That's the "official" way. I don't know too much about unlocking phones, but there are other ways to do it.

3. GingerSinger

GingerSinger Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Okai! Thank you. I have seen a bunch on blog sites about 'unlocking' the phone. But I didn't know that's what it meant. Definetly gonna have to try that, because the Desire HD isn't what I want becuase I need a slide out keyboard. Thanks again!! :)

4. bbabiuk

bbabiuk Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Buy an unlocked one on Ebay if you really want a Z. I got one over a year ago and it originally was a Bell unit that got unlocked. The phone has served me well until recently.

Tags: