• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Z- Telus?

Hey, I have searched for hours trying to find this out but all I can find is stuff for Bell. I am trying to figure out when Telus will be carrying the HTC Desire Z in Canada. Anyone know when this will be happening?? :)

Not all carriers will carry all phones. Telus carries the HTC Desire HD. That's as close as you can get at the moment.

If you really want the Desire Z on Telus, you can get it unlocked. The way you can do it through Bell is to purchase the phone with a plan and then cancel the plan and pay for it to be unlocked. That's the "official" way. I don't know too much about unlocking phones, but there are other ways to do it.

Upvote 0
Not all carriers will carry all phones. Telus carries the HTC Desire HD. That's as close as you can get at the moment.

If you really want the Desire Z on Telus, you can get it unlocked. The way you can do it through Bell is to purchase the phone with a plan and then cancel the plan and pay for it to be unlocked. That's the "official" way. I don't know too much about unlocking phones, but there are other ways to do it.

Okai! Thank you. I have seen a bunch on blog sites about 'unlocking' the phone. But I didn't know that's what it meant. Definetly gonna have to try that, because the Desire HD isn't what I want becuase I need a slide out keyboard. Thanks again!! :)

Upvote 0
Okai! Thank you. I have seen a bunch on blog sites about 'unlocking' the phone. But I didn't know that's what it meant. Definetly gonna have to try that, because the Desire HD isn't what I want becuase I need a slide out keyboard. Thanks again!! :)

Buy an unlocked one on Ebay if you really want a Z. I got one over a year ago and it originally was a Bell unit that got unlocked. The phone has served me well until recently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones