• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire's to get FroYo as soon as tomorrow?!?

Just more crap rumors and nonsense. Reminds me of the sign my Dad's pub: "Free Beer Tomorrow".

I wish someone in an official capacity would get it together to put some information out there about an official release date. Its just been a ridiculous amount of time between the announcement of 2.2 and the release.

It's just serving to annoy people (me in particular) and putting pressure on the release. It better be damn good after all this waiting and speculation.

(Treo 600 - Treo 650 - iPhone 3G - HTC Desire)

Upvote 0
It's confirmed: HTC have issued a statement that 2.2 rolls out to unlocked phones from this weekend, operator specific versions will be along over the next few weeks.

Yessssss.

"The Android 2.2 (Froyo) update for HTC Desire will start rolling out across Europe this weekend," said HTC in a statement. "As well as including the complete set of Android 2.2 features, the update will contain a few special additions of our own through the latest iteration of HTC Sense."
"The update will provide 720p video capture, HTC's App Share widget, as well as our enhanced HTC Caller ID, and improved multi-language keyboard. Also, though the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones