• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc dev unlock bootloader help

Hi everyone, thanks for helping me with this problem...

I'm attempting to use the bootloader unlock from the htc dev website and i've come across a problem. I am able to continue with the process HTC shows on their website, but on step 8, i get and error after typing this command in cmd:

c:\Android>fastboot oem get_identifier_token
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.016s]
finished. total time: 0.016s

Now I have looked this up for it seems like forever, but all solutions have been for other phones other than the mytouch 4g slide. These solutions all said it was due to either a typo in the command, or an out-of-date hboot.

I know that it's not the hboot because when you start the process on htcdev, there is no asterisk (*) next to the phone name when you select it. That means that there is no need to update the hboot on this device (it says this below the box to select the phone). So does anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate all help, thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones