• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC DHD for SGS2??

Hey i'm new to this forum but like to browse all the threads for interesting stuff. I currently have the HTC DHD which i've had for around 3 months, it is a wicked phone and I have been really happy with it generally.
I think that I must be addicted to smatphones tho' as I want the next best thing allready!
A few things with the DHD bug me, the obvious one of course is the battery life, tried all the tricks and I now get a decent 10 hours of medium use, but it would be nice to not be worried about what is turned on or off all the time in order to just get through the day! Think the SGS2 should be better with the 25% larger battery and the Super Amoled+ using less power.
Would like the front facing cam for when Skype brings out video for Android, my bro in Canada has iphone4 and often video calls me and it bugs me I can't do this, and he allways reminds me of it, like " my iphone is better than your phone!"
Also I live in Australia and work outside all day and it is usually lovely and sunny......poor me right! but I can't see the friggin screen unleess it's turned up and then of course it sucks the battery! SGS2 would be better in this regard for sure.
So what do you guys think, sell the DHD nowwhile it still has good value and pre order SGS2, it's shipping here may 1st, or wait for more hands on reviews to come, or maybe wait for HTC Pyramid?? could be a while?
Anyway, sorry for the rambling but it's been on my mind for the last few weeks, any feedback would be much appreciated
Cheers

The SGS2 is way more impressive than the DHD when you think about hardware. However, the HTC Sense skin is thought by many to be better than the TouchWiz skin Samsung use.

If you like the DHD, the HTC Pyramid is thought to have a 4.3 inch screen with 960x540 pixels, a dual-core processor and some 3D capabilities, so I think it is better than the SGS. The battery is thought to have a higher capacity as well.

Reactions: sapphireman
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys it helps to get some more feedback from other people. I am gonna go for the SGS 2, my DHD was gown to 20% today after about 8 hrs and it's doing my head in checkin the settings constantly. Was mainly just on calls today and nothing else, one Google search i think.
So after reading your comments and todays experience I definitely want a phone with a bigger battery. SGS 2 seems to have it all at the moment and pretty future proof.......well for at least 6 months anyway Lol.
SGS 2 here I come..........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones