• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download

Seriously! The only people who should be using this leak are the people who are already "stuck" on leak 1 or 2. Anyone with 1.5 ought to be doing root instead even if their goal is just to have 2.1.

If you don't need (or want) superuser access on an Android device, you don't need to root it. If your only goal is to get 2.1, the leak isn't a bad way to go. Really, it isn't. You have just as much chance bricking your phone with a leak as you do root. Yes, you can brick your phone during the rooting process. The devs own up to the possibility - although it is far less likely with a recovery image.

Rooting is the lesser of two evils in that regard - but careless rooting could result in a bricked phone regardless!!!

If you want 2.1, cannot wait and don't mind paying the insurance deductible if you cannot warranty replace your Eris, use the Leak.

If you want 2.1 and think the Eris could be faster, try rooting and use a custom rom.

Otherwise, sit on 1.5 and wait.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to belittle you when I say this, did you follow the exact steps in the 2.1 Tutorial thread? I never installed a leak on this phone before (bro did 2.1v2), and I followed every step to the T and had no problem (I copied leak from pc directly to eris).

Thats ok. I appreciate all and any suggestions. But yes. 1st 2 times I did what I've done in the past, copy PB00IMG to the root folder of my sd card, power off, reboot with volume down. I then went step by step, which seemed a little redundant to me, but still nothing. I'm baffled.

Upvote 0
ive decided to wait till the weekend to try anyways.
its clearly not working, im re downloading the .zip file now and will save it on my computer. after we hear about that kids cousin and hit rollback method i will try again.
might be for the best, should probably wait and see if any bugs come out on this one.

Upvote 0
Facebook still doesn't work...I'm going to VZ and having them give me a refurbished one or something because it has to be hardware related..since all 3 versions of the leak it isnt' working just on my phone.

Gmail does load images though :)

Honestly, I bet it's your Facebook account having the problem, not your phone. You already tried removing the HTC Sense application from your Facebook on your computer, right?

Upvote 0
ive decided to wait till the weekend to try anyways.
its clearly not working, im re downloading the .zip file now and will save it on my computer. after we hear about that kids cousin and hit rollback method i will try again.
might be for the best, should probably wait and see if any bugs come out on this one.

whatever happened to you taking the phone back because of sense rebooting on you so much?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones