• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download

For me the longest and most annoying part of this whole process isn't having to re-enter all of my specific settings and whatnot, it's waiting for the music I have to get copied BACK onto my sim card after I've updated.

I didn't the first time, but the v2 update I did a factory reset and deleted everything on my sim card other than the update. Seemed to work fine, and did the same thing this time too. Waiting 20 mins for my crappy laptop to transfer all of my music back to the phone takes the longest for me. (4.8 GB of tunes.)

Upvote 0
This is great, thank you. I just read through the list of what v3 fixes, and I have none of those issues (execpt for pictures in Gmail not working) on v2, or at least I don't think I have any of those issues. I will download tonight when I get home, perhaps I will test this one on my wifes Eris first :)

Why is it not a Sticky?

Upvote 0
Well after messing with it a bit I can see:

Images work in gmail now
Apps that link to the web (urbanspoon) work now
Google Voice calls work properly again

50% without signal is still there (airplane mode still "fixes" it)

How bout that issue pertaining to the quality of the camera? There was a thread about how the leaked 2.1 lowered the quality. So did they fix it if it even existed?

Upvote 0
How bout that issue pertaining to the quality of the camera? There was a thread about how the leaked 2.1 lowered the quality. So did they fix it if it even existed?

I think that was a global 2.1 thing and not really just the leak. I don't use the camera all that much, so I would be the wrong person the answer that.

I did have a problem with the camera staying "open" and sucking the battery dry, but that isn't happening anymore.

Upvote 0
Well after messing with it a bit I can see:

Images work in gmail now
Apps that link to the web (urbanspoon) work now
Google Voice calls work properly again

50% without signal is still there (airplane mode still "fixes" it)

I don't have the 50% without signal issue on mine. Sorry to hear that yours still has that problem. Aren't you glad Google Voice works properly now? Hello push text notifications!

Edit: I also wanted to add that apps that use external links to the web work now too...ie. Bank of America.

Upvote 0
this is the newest iteration of the 2.1 os for eris that verizon is testing, slight improvements and enhancements...

installation instructions, please read!! <--click

downloads:

mirror 1 (pick pb00img.zip)
mirror 2
mirror 3

the md5 hash should be hash: 1c0b0182356242a9d673a661e7458587

on my pc desktop now the package shows that it is 104mb (109,946,224 bytes) in size

instructions for install is exact same as the other 2.1 leak, posted in this section on the stickies.

This is legit

it is different

i am running it now

it is legit

issues apparently corrected

omfg!

Reactions: Foxcow
Upvote 0
So what exactly is the point of doing *228 if you can make calls and send texts? Also, what exactly is the 50% signal loss, I did a search for it and came up with 9000000000 threads, the 3 of which I read had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

I really want to do this upgrade (to keep myself from spending money I don't have on the Incredible lol) but I'm a bit nervous as to what bugs may crop up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones