• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC Droid Incredible Case

Yesterday I called the 611 number and ordered the gradient case and asked the CSR to just add the cost onto my next bill. However, I never recieved any kind of email notification of the order as I would if I placed the order online. Do they send out emails for phone orders? Is there anyway online I can see if the order was placed or what that status is? I don't have any kind of order confirmation number.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Nice find on the $4.99 replacement clip pack from Body Glove. I still like the idea of the kickstand clip.

Thanks. I hate to pay the extra $$ when I feel the kickstand should have been included with the package as it is with most of the other BG cases in that line including the Moto Droid. But, at least it's an option to get it & with the discount code on VZW it makes it a little easier to swallow.

I'm still trying to decide on whether I want to just go with a currently available case or wait a few weeks to see what other companies release. I'd consider the Innocase if Seidio made the compatible dock but there's no guarantee and who knows how long it will be before it comes out. I almost feel like the BG case w/ kickstand would serve me as a sort of "dock" as well and lower the cost quite a bit. We have no idea when VZW will release the dock and it's supposed to be in "limited quantity" according to the launch packet. :( But I'm guessing that the BG case won't be the easiest to remove for for docking purposes so it's a hard decision. I do have a slip case for using when I immediately get the phone, I just don't want to have any accidental drops without protection...

Upvote 0
Here's my write-up i posted on the main thread:

If anyone is interested in getting the otterbox defender case, which offers what I believe to be the most protection available, please e-mail the company here:

Contact Information // OtterBox.com

and ask them to make the defender case for the droid incredible. Even if you don't care about the case, please e-mail them anyway. They will only make the case is enough people e-mail them!

For some info on the Defender case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtoobfN2ZSg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.otterbox.com/defender-series-cases

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmaW5bPuxFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYcvHj_slWE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60na-ft7xis

AND no, I'm not tring to sell these, I'm only trying to get otterbox to make one for the Incredible.

Upvote 0
The case is really nice. It is a snap on case. The body glove material provides a nice grip. Someone that owned one for there previous phone said that the grip material started to peel off, so it will take awhile to see if there are quality issues. One thing to note is that this is not like the one on Body Glove's website (say for the Droid Eris or Nexus One) as I do not have the kickstand. It has the belt-on clip with the swivel. You can easily pop the clip off the case and replace it with a "dummy plug" made of body glove material so it is now a case only. I do not know how I feel about swivel clips. The ones I used for the Treo never seemed to last long.

Now I just need the damn phone!:eek:

I had a BG case for my enV

Reactions: radworm
Upvote 0
Is it definite that Case-Mate's going to make one? Do we have an ETA?

Yes, it is definite case-mate will be making a tough case for the Incredible. If you look here:

http://feedback.case-mate.com/forums/26011-product

You will aee that case-mate has changed the status to "planned," which means they are making it. We do not have a definite date as of now, all we know is that they are making it.

Reactions: varaonaid
Upvote 0
Verizon store hooked me up and let me buy it early. I actually like it and it stays in theme with the phone I feel. Don't have the phone yet but wow this phone is really thin, small all around. Something this small can do so much, pretty Incredible, UUGGHHH! I'm sure they said the same thing about the first cell phones to ever come out:

http://hoketronics.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/old-cellphone.jpg

Upvote 0
You guys know the little neoprene sleeve that comes with the Nexus 1? Is there anywhere you can buy that exact sleeve or something very similar online?

I loved the look of that sleeve when the N1 was officially released and hoped the Incredible would come with it, but no luck. My main interest is keeping it protected while in my pocket, and that sleeve is perfect. I'm not too interested in the cases that stay on it all the time as I'm one of the very careful types, but I do have keys or chapstick in and out of my phone pocket from time to time.

If anyone knows where you can get that little N1 sleeve, it would be awesome. Hell I'll take it off someone's hands if you don't need it for your N1!

I want this same case. It's really a great case - simple, but effective - and super convenient...I wonder if the N1's will fit on the Incredible? That would be nice.

Upvote 0
I just ordered the body glove case for 19.99 with free shipping from a guy that has a bunch of these here in Florida. This will be my temporary case. I have a friend with Otterbox. He stated that they will be releasing their cases for the Incredible soon. The body glove will do for now. But, if you want the best drop and scratch protection then the Otterbox is the best choice. I had one on my iphone for two years and let me tell you I put it through hell. I dropped it into the toilet twice. Yes it was number 1. I immediately pulled the phone out and sterilized the case. I also dropped it down a flight of stairs numerous times and not a scratch or dent to the phone. Just pulled the phone out of the case to sell it and after two years it looks brand new. Yes I know it adds bulk but if you want the ultimate protection you have to sacrifice something somewhere. I will post the link below for the ebay listing for the body glove case.
eBayISAPI.dll

http://stores.ebay.com/One-Wireless...12QQ_sidZ178655992QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Reactions: HTCLUVR
Upvote 0
So my phone just arrived and happily so did the accessories I ordered a week later.

I ordered the gradient case, the red silicone case, the car dock and the shell/holster combo. Why all of them? Well I wanted to se and hold them and return what i didn't like and I was thinking of at least keeping the gradient and silicone cases just to change up things every once in awhile.

They screwed up and sent the black silicone case so I'll go to the store and fix that and get me a red one.

I don't like the car dock because it comes with a holster so I may just wait on that for a better option or go aftermarket.

However, very interesting to note that the shell from the s/h combo adds about as much dimension to the phone as the gradient case. Since I had opened both I decided to look and see and lo and behold the gradient case slides quite nicely into the holster facing inward as designed. Nice little mash-up of accessories in case anyone is interested in it.

Upvote 0
So my phone just arrived and happily so did the accessories I ordered a week later.

I ordered the gradient case, the red silicone case, the car dock and the shell/holster combo. Why all of them? Well I wanted to se and hold them and return what i didn't like and I was thinking of at least keeping the gradient and silicone cases just to change up things every once in awhile.

They screwed up and sent the black silicone case so I'll go to the store and fix that and get me a red one.

I don't like the car dock because it comes with a holster so I may just wait on that for a better option or go aftermarket.

However, very interesting to note that the shell from the s/h combo adds about as much dimension to the phone as the gradient case. Since I had opened both I decided to look and see and lo and behold the gradient case slides quite nicely into the holster facing inward as designed. Nice little mash-up of accessories in case anyone is interested in it.

Does the silicone case make the lens flush with the case?

Upvote 0
I have not put the silicone case on as it was the wrong color. Sorry.

The gradient case absolutely brings the camera flush.

The shell from the s/h combo appears to as well. It would be my estimation that the silicone case will do the same.

In your opinion, does the gradient case seem a bit too thin to protect the phone from anything other than scratches? I have the case but don't have my phone yet.

Upvote 0
I had contacted them about 1/2 hour before your reply and here is what they said:

We're exploring options for this device. Stay tuned!

Best,

Chris Lanphear

If any of you have a minute of free time, please e-mail them here and ask them if they would make the defender case for the incredible.

Contact Information // OtterBox.com

The more people we have e-mail them, the higher the chances are that the case will be made.

This case looks, well, Incredible!

I too have been e-mailing them since I decided on this phone. We have the Otterbox Defender on my wife's IPhone and I couldn't see getting the Incredible with out putting in the OtterBox Defender. I swear you could probably throw it at the wall and not screatch it! **Please don't try it though**

What does bug me is that I have received the same exact reply each time I message Otterbox which matches the replies posted here. The other bad thing is that their replies come too fast for it not to be automated! :(

Upvote 0
In your opinion, does the gradient case seem a bit too thin to protect the phone from anything other than scratches? I have the case but don't have my phone yet.

If you're asking if drops would be absorbed by the case I'm gonna guess that it may crack open before it actually cracks the case. I think it's more cosmetic enhancement and cosmetic damage preventing than anything else.

Upvote 0
only a few mentions of the shell-holster combo. any more detailed feedback on this one? it most closely matches my current blackberry setup...

Tried it out at the store. I liked it well enough, but the case slid in and out of the holster a little too easily for my taste when in the horizontal position. Also the top and bottom of the DIC is not covered by the case. So I passed on it.

Upvote 0
Hi..
Can you tell me if this cover has the Hole in the back for the speaker phone?

cuz i dont see it on this picture.

htc_incredible_bg_cov.png

I got that case and it looks different from the photo. The hole for the camera doesn't have that unique look for the flash, it's just slightly square with rounded corners. There is also a small hole to the right side for the speaker.

Upvote 0
Does the silicone case make the lens flush with the case?

The silicone case does indeed make the camera lens flush with the case.

The red silicone case is a nice case although as I saw someone mention somewhere else it is a little on the pinkish side.

As I mentioned about the gradient case it fits nicely into the holster portion of the s/h combo. It slides a little easier than the gradient case but the silicone is less grippy than the red/black.

I may return the silicone case though because of a few things though.

Minor silicone quibble: Pinkish instead of red

Moderate silicone quibble: Red case a little ostentatious for me

Major silicone quibble: I have not removed the informational screen protector from my phone as I am awaiting my ZAGG order. When installing the phone in the silicone case it lifted up the screen protector and let some air underneath it.
If the same holds true for the ZAGG protector it's going back to the store. They only had three anyway so they want it back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones