• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC Droid Incredible Case

The silicone case does indeed make the camera lens flush with the case.

The red silicone case is a nice case although as I saw someone mention somewhere else it is a little on the pinkish side.

As I mentioned about the gradient case it fits nicely into the holster portion of the s/h combo. It slides a little easier than the gradient case but the silicone is less grippy than the red/black.

I may return the silicone case though because of a few things though.

Minor silicone quibble: Pinkish instead of red

Moderate silicone quibble: Red case a little ostentatious for me

Major silicone quibble: I have not removed the informational screen protector from my phone as I am awaiting my ZAGG order. When installing the phone in the silicone case it lifted up the screen protector and let some air underneath it.
If the same holds true for the ZAGG protector it's going back to the store. They only had three anyway so they want it back.

So what you are saying is that you are able to fit the gradient case in the holster from the s/h combo? If so, is it a snug fit and would could you hang upside down and move around fast without it falling out?

Upvote 0
I've also been using the silicone cover (black) with the informational protector until I can get a Zagg protector installed at the mall (should be in tomorrow...)

The silicone cover doesn't add much bulk, but protects everything but the screen, camera, speak and micro USB port. I use it with the belt case from my i760 and it works fine.

I picked up a Verizon Shell/Holster today and it's almost perfect. I really like the way the shell fits the phone, but I wish it was a bit harder to remove the phone from the holster. It's possible to shake the phone out of the case if you try hard enough. This shouldn't be an issue in normal use, buta top clip would have prevented this completely.

I'm going to give it a few days, but I may go back to the silicone cover until Seido releases an Innocase/holster combo.

I tried the silicone case in the holster and it seemed to work about as well as the shell that came with the set.

Upvote 0
Went by the local corporate store and got a DI this AM. I wanted to see the black/red gradient hard case, but he said they had already sold out of those, and also the all-black hard case (the one that is like the black/red gradient case, only all black). All they had left were the glossy silicone ones, and the clear snap-on cases, so I got one of the black silicone. He said that even after using it I could return it within 30 days for a full refund if I decided I wanted a different case, so picking one up was a no-brainer.

One thing that was kind of stupid: they had no demo cases, so if you wanted to see or feel a particular case INSTALLED ON THE PHONE, you either had to buy it, or wait for someone else to buy and un-package one. That seemed incredibly cheesy to me. Like I said, because on the return policy I knew I was buying SOME kind of case regardless, but in principle it just seemed stupic that they wouldn't have any demo cases there for customers to play with.

When I put the silicone case on, the first thing I checked was that it was flush with the camera lens (it is). When I pointed that out to the guy his response was: "Wow, I didn't even know that the camera protruded from the back like that. The fact that the case flushes it up is a huge selling point - this will definitely help me sell more cases!"

He then proceeded to share this epiphany with several other employees, all of whom were similarly awestruck by this piece of news (you could see them counting in theri heads how many extra cases they would now be able to sell).

Once they had gotten over their giddiness I informed them that all I expected in return was a 10% cut from every case they sold; my salesman's response: "That's an even bigger cut than I get!"

To which I replied: "Yeah, but I'm the idea guy - the idea guy always gets paid more."

They were as helpful as they could be, but they were clearly in the dark up until very recently - I've never owned a smartphone and I still knew way more about the phone than they did. In the weeks leading up to the launch of a new phone, VZW would be well-served to make Android Forums required reading for all of their store-level personnel...

While I was at the store, there was also a regional manager of some sort there - the sales guy told me that the regional had shown them some sort of "limited edition" incredible that has been handed out to the higher-ups; he didn't know a lot of detail about it, although he said that it appeared to have a titanium body (instead of plastic). I didn't get to see it.

I didn't want their screen protectors (although he tried pushing them), so I had them leave the temporary protector on there for the time being.

Upvote 0
So what you are saying is that you are able to fit the gradient case in the holster from the s/h combo? If so, is it a snug fit and would could you hang upside down and move around fast without it falling out?

That is indeed what I am saying. Gives me a different look from a friend I convinced to get the Incredible and he got the s/h combo.

It is slightly more snug and you could most likely ride a rollercoaster upside down and not lose your phone.

Would I? Who knows? I've done dumber things.

Reactions: FrozenIpaq
Upvote 0
That is indeed what i am saying. Gives me a different look from a friend I convinced to get the Incredible and he got the s/h combo.

It is slightly more snug and you could most likely ride a rollercoaster upside down and not lose your phone.

Would I? Who knows? I've done dumber things.

Thanks, I've been wanting to get both the case and the holster (but wasnt' a fan of the lack of protection the holster case gives the phone). So it looks like I can have the best of both worlds, thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with Verizon CSR. I ordered the Radient red case. All said and done it was like $24.00 which seemed a bit steep. I looked through Verizons web site many times for it but couldn't find it so I just called and ordered it. Its on its way.

So if you need or want one call Verizon....

Upvote 0
i just finished my invisashield for my htincredible, I recommend doing it at night and actually letting it sit for 12 hours (they say 12-24hrs) I can't go 24 hours without my phone, but I did do it last night from 10pm to 10am today. The shield looks great. Use plenty of the solution that it comes with and watch that none of the edges are hanging over the edge of the screen/phone that can cause peeling.

Upvote 0
I just installed mine a few minutes ago and it took me about 5 minutes to install, very easy, just make sure you put solution on your hands first.

It looks great and again was super easy to do. Not one bubble, finger mark or fuzzball. Now all I have to do is not mess with it for 12-24 hours which will be very hard to do.

Upvote 0
Has anybody else had an issue with the red/black gradient case being kind of loose? The seams down each side of the phone created by the front and back covers snapping together don't line up properly. This causes me to feel the kind of sharp ridge on each side from the top part of the cover sticking out farther than the bottom part. It also makes it so that when I'm holding the phone, I can squeeze the sides and feel some play between the cover and the phone. The ridge along that seam and the loose fit that I can feel when lightly pressing the sides has me thinking I might take it back. Anybody else have this issue with their gradient case?

Upvote 0
Anybody else have this issue with their gradient case?

Mine feels the same way. I love the look and the feel of the case, but I'm not sure how long it will hold up, especially if you have to take the case off a lot. At this point I plan on waiting for a better case but keeping this one on my phone until then. I'm still pretty happy with the case, but I don't think it will be my permanent solution.

Upvote 0
Mine feels the same way. I love the look and the feel of the case, but I'm not sure how long it will hold up, especially if you have to take the case off a lot. At this point I plan on waiting for a better case but keeping this one on my phone until then. I'm still pretty happy with the case, but I don't think it will be my permanent solution.

Agree. I'm not really interested in anything else Verizon is offering right now. Think I'll keep this until I get a better one. By the way, just saw this. Seidio's line of cases, screen protectors, etc for the Incredible coming soon.:)

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Upvote 0
Has anybody else had an issue with the red/black gradient case being kind of loose? The seams down each side of the phone created by the front and back covers snapping together don't line up properly. This causes me to feel the kind of sharp ridge on each side from the top part of the cover sticking out farther than the bottom part. It also makes it so that when I'm holding the phone, I can squeeze the sides and feel some play between the cover and the phone. The ridge along that seam and the loose fit that I can feel when lightly pressing the sides has me thinking I might take it back. Anybody else have this issue with their gradient case?

but I can deal with it. I don't feel it's that big of a deal. I have my Invisible Shield on, my case on, my widgets set up, I think my Incredible is complete!

Upvote 0
I have had the Verizon Bodyglove for the past week and it is good protection but overwraps the screen too much so typing Q, P & Space are tough. I am looking for a thinner one like I had for my BB.

Agreed, I had exactly the same problem with mine. Its going back to VZW. Still waiting for Seidio and/or others to release cases for the Inc.

Upvote 0
Agreed - I'd also like to find a nice slim leather sleeve as well. I'll keep looking and post back here if I find something. Anyone else seen anything like this?
I'm also waiting for this. When it comes to leather cases I really like Sena. They have made their Ultraslim case for several of the HTC phones. I have sent them an e-mail asking about one for Incredible but I have not heard back from them. Here is the Ultraslim for N1:
Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : HTC-Google Nexus One-UltraSlim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones